front bumper options

parello9

I want to get a new front bumper and have found this one on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261216536425?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Has anyone purchased this actual bumper or know anyone that has?

i dont want to get it and be a crap fitement etc.

But also if anyone can give me some links to different bumpers that would be great!

any info will help :)

I can tell you now that any after market body parts will never be a perfect fit.

I have had numerous parts from Aerokit and EPRacing for example and both claim to be perfect fitment - Most of the time is wasn't even close and took hours of modifying to fit.

they do fitting there. even if you dont want them to paint it for you (you may have a prefered painter) you can get them to fit it. as its there kit you should have no issues then.

most GRP and CF body panels usually require a small amount of fettling. some body shops wont touch it. others will but charge you more.

i can't comment on their quality as i've never bought their product, but its not unusual for GRP to require filling before painting, sometimes they have pin holes in tehm that require a quick skim and sand.

to be fair i've never heard anythnig bad about the quality of their GRP so in that respect you should be fine.

thanks for the help and info guys..

im gunna message them to see what kind of price for fitting and painting

i do have a guy who can spray it so may just get them to fit or something :)

EDIT

called up to see about prices

its about £550 all in all

including the £200 bumper

so £350 labour and paint etc

Edited by parello9

If you ever get a chance to pop in to see our work, feel free to come have a chat. You'll find what we do is not of the normal body shop standard as we not only make fibreglass kits but we have a good understanding and experience in how to fit them too.

Ray

Edited by RT-Performance