Colour advice on a car wrap

MrsNiki

Hey guys!

Now, not totally made my mind up yet, but i'm erring towards wrapping my car in a different colour. I have an idea on what i want, but need some advice.

Firstly - Does this colour exist in a wrap?

Secondly - Has anybody else seen one like it?

Thirdly - Does it look chavvy?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/Pearlescent_Toyota_Supra_-_002.jpg

Any advice appreciated :)

cheers

Niki

Never seen that colour on a wrap. It may exist but will be hugely expensive. As for making it, the way they tend to do custom colours is to actually print the vinyl but obviously this colour couldn't be printed so you might need to get your thinking cap on again.

I don't think it looks chavvy but in my opinion just don't go too crazy on the colour otherwise it can look a little 'max power'. Why not go for a dark metallic purple

I've seen varying gloss pearlescent white vinyls, if you pop down to a vinyl wrapping company and ask to look at their range of available wraps most places normally have a sample book provided by the manufacturer for each colour they can get. 3M and Hexis do some pretty trick colours now.

There are some flip paint style vinyls that hexis do. and from memory they do a purple one similiar to that, am not at home at the moment so cant check my hexis swatches but they do 3 flip paint styles

i think the one you want is hexis HX30VVSB variochrome beetle thats the closest they do. and its between £40-£50 a metre i would guess depending on who does the work (that won;t include labour) and you'll need about 10-15 metres at an estimate.

this video shows it a little bit

but this shows its colour change well

hexis only have 4 vario chrome finishes and they are listed above, which includes the beetle vario chrome, i think the videos have just shown them as lighter. i have the samples at home and they are darker, but its really difficult to show them in any kind of picture.

i forgot i had these; i took them ages ago trying to show another customer the colour change on the vario chromes.

1VariochromeBeetle.jpg

2variochromegreenblue.jpg

3variochromegoldpink.jpg

4variochromeorangepink.jpg

a.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Rt - would it cost significantly more to have hexis etc make a different colour to what they already advertise? I'd be looking an extremely dark purple, almost black, but colour change to the darkest purple that you posted.

i've never asked hexis to custom make a colour, i have a feeling they might do it but you'd be looking at astronomical costs, possible minimum orders etc. there is no custom colour option on their website or in their brouchers, its very much "this is what we offer" etc.

Rt - would it cost significantly more to have hexis etc make a different colour to what they already advertise? I'd be looking an extremely dark purple, almost black, but colour change to the darkest purple that you posted.

There would DEFF be a minimum order, probably of around 100 metres, they'd have to develop that colour too. I think it would cost a FORTUNE for them to do a one off colour. It would be far cheaper to go down the respray route

Edit: make that 300 metres...

http://www.hexis.co.uk/academy/Hexis/Colour_Matching_2.html

Edited by Dedman

if you wanted that you'd possible need to look at custom paint jobs but again you're looking at big money as the paints needed arent cheap. not only that if its damamged its impossible to match in, so its basically a full respray if you want to repair scratches etc.

Hey guys :D

Cheers for this advice, given me something to think about! I think i'll speak to the local wrapping franchise (totally dynamic, anybody had any dealings with these?) and get a look at some colours! Something along the purple lines is what i'm after, but definitely not matt!!

Its gonna take a while to decide how to do it, whether to do the car one colour and have a body kit in carbon, or maybe have the roof black.... Lots of options! Just putting the feelers out to start off with :teeth:

hexis only have 4 vario chrome finishes and they are listed above, which includes the beetle vario chrome, i think the videos have just shown them as lighter. i have the samples at home and they are darker, but its really difficult to show them in any kind of picture.

i forgot i had these; i took them ages ago trying to show another customer the colour change on the vario chromes.

a2.jpg

I actually really really like the colour of the purple in this pic, would something this shade and as sparkly be available, or is it the fact its a flip colour that makes it as metallic as it looks?

May just be swayed into something like this instead of a pearlescant one....

decisions decisions.... :lol: