God I love my Zed

Bems

So picked the old girl up the other day after her MOT which it passed with no advisories, always a good thing :).

Whilst there it had four new Michelin PSS's fitted. Also Berks HFC's and takeda dual induction fitted courtesy of Chris at Tarmac Sportz ;).

All I can say is wow. What a difference! I was worried the cats and induction would make her too loud and raspy for me but its just perfect.

If anyone is debating going down the HFC route for the reasons above just do it it sounds awesome!

I have never tired of driving the Zed but these small changes for me have transformed her. Couldn't be happier at the moment!

Edited by Bems

I'm surprised at the rasp from the Berks. Considering they haven't had a chance to carbon up yet its a nice deep rasp.

None of the vids on YouTube do them justice. Watched hundreds of them before deciding.

Do you have trouble passing emissions/mot with HFC's? Are they not the same as de-cats?

Sometimes you have to heat them up to get them to pass, pretty easy on the mainland with your mot system where you can take the car for a blast and check the levels once you get back.

pretty easy on the mainland with your mot system where you can take the car for a blast and check the levels once you get back.

Not wrong there, on a couple of years I got my sick Honda to pass emissions with looked surprisingly exactly like the readout from a Mercedes (conveniently parked next to the testing station......with the engine on........and the exhaust probe in the tailpipe...)

Do you have trouble passing emissions/mot with HFC's? Are they not the same as de-cats?

No problems at all. As said already, car left to warm up before taking readings. They were more or less the same as before!