350Z interior alarm sensor

AMT

Can you switch them off and still have the normal door etc alarm in place?? Eg. I left my car out today with a cam gap in each window to let air in (since its roasty toasty today), facilities team at my work come over... your alarms going off its banger... ah.... windows closed and a hot car to go home in then lol. My mate at work says there should be a button to just switch the alarm off inside? and it reactivate when you next unlock /lock the car??

Ta for any help.

Yep, stop the car, turn it off, turn then key to ON (so all the lights on the dash light up) and off 3 times, take out the key, get out and press the lock button.

Car alarm will make a small chirp to warn you that its locked, but not secure as a window is down.

Edited by cs2000

A. Yes it does, if theres a breeze (why i did it) it will let air rummage about and the car will be cooler than the suana it is without it (done it many a time)...touched the metal bit on the top of the gearstick today and my god nearly burned my thumb lol

B.Thats an awfy fuss.... I'll just put the air con on when I get in and put up with the few minutes of horrid heat... :lol: but thanks for the reply anyway!

:blush:

• 1 month later...

A. Yes it does, if theres a breeze (why i did it) it will let air rummage about and the car will be cooler than the suana it is without it (done it many a time)...touched the metal bit on the top of the gearstick today and my god nearly burned my thumb lol

B.Thats an awfy fuss.... I'll just put the air con on when I get in and put up with the few minutes of horrid heat... :lol: but thanks for the reply anyway!

:blush:

Yeh i have one of those titanium knobs and bloody hell when i put my hand on it felt like i put my hand on a stove! :scare:

Yep, stop the car, turn it off, turn then key to ON (so all the lights on the dash light up) and off 3 times, take out the key, get out and press the lock button.

Car alarm will make a small chirp to warn you that its locked, but not secure as a window is down.

Interesting, I'm wondering if the roadster is setup like this as you can alarm the car even with the hood down on a windy day without it going off. Does go off though if you drop something into the car..

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

No Idea. Although I did get told of security at my work my alarm was going off as I'd put the windows down a tad and locked it. So must be a little while I think? I've accidently locked my mate in the car before, just hit the fob when ive got out the car to go to a shop or something.... and hes left to sit still cos if he even flinched the alarm went mental... :lol: I thought it was amusing lol

Well the alarm started going off for no reason yesterday so had to leave unlocked over night.. this morning Mr Caz went to his bosses house, left the car there as they were off on a 2 day training course.. he took the keys with him and guess what.. the alarms been going off all day :doh: He has the only working key fob.. wonder if it will go off all night too!