Wings/Spoilers

Jetpilot

Thanks gents, looked at Voltex, very nice but same as arp, i would be buggered if i would spend upwards of a bag on sand on a bit of frp or carbon.

Anyone know of any benefits of Nismo stuff, i would have thought maybe they would have gone function over just looks?

Pretty sure nismo wind tunnel tested their stuff for their v2 race concept. (You'd hope so) also ings, voltex etc

Most spoilers bar one or two are for aesthetics only.

Nismo is the way forward if your lookin or a cheap options, the it's ings low mount and high mount, and finally voltex that most benefits will be seen - but as you said they are £1k + :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is a screen grab from a drifty video I was in. My spoiler is a Tenzo r carbon one which by the way the smoke is coming off my car seems to do a fairly good job of working! :) I did notice that the car feels more planted at the rear with it on, but that could just be a placebo effect.

Edit: sorry for the tiny size of the pic. Click on it to make it bigger :)

Edited by Dedman

This is a screen grab from a drifty video I was in. My spoiler is a Tenzo r carbon one which by the way the smoke is coming off my car seems to do a fairly good job of working! :) I did notice that the car feels more planted at the rear with it on, but that could just be a placebo effect.

how much do these go for dedman? ps that's the worst pic! :lol:

• Like 2

I believe that it was filmed using a house brick :lol:

I got mine off fleabay for £70, it was sold to me as a tenzo r fibreglass wing and was a funny graphite colour. When I rubbed it down I found real carbon underneath and no fibreglass under the carbon! It's so light and thin layers that you can see light come through the weave if you put a torch on the top and look from the underside.

No idea where you'd get a new one from though :(

My spoiler is a Tenzo r carbon one which by the way the smoke is coming off my car seems to do a fairly good job of working!

Mmmmm, not sure the smoke has any relation to whether the spoiler is adding downforce buddy, or you have just discovered a cheap means of wind tunnel testing ;)

There are actually a lot of nice spoilers out there (although i prefer none), but i just think £1k for a bit of frp or even carbon and some billet legs is just pants down pricing.

Edited by Jetpilot

I believe that it was filmed using a house brick :lol:

I got mine off fleabay for £70, it was sold to me as a tenzo r fibreglass wing and was a funny graphite colour. When I rubbed it down I found real carbon underneath and no fibreglass under the carbon! It's so light and thin layers that you can see light come through the weave if you put a torch on the top and look from the underside.

No idea where you'd get a new one from though :(

haha that was jammy as hell. lucky you! how come I never seem to get deals like that? :dry:

Rear wings, even huge ones the right shape and in the right position have little effect below 100 mph, The Bugatti Veryon doesn't engage its wing until it's doing 120 mph.

Bugatti-Veyron-super-sport-with-a-rear-wing-wallpaper_6520.jpg

Looking through pictures of sports cars on the track, for example the Porsche Supercup, it would seem that the wings are mounted just below roof level, presumably this is the best position.

800px-Porsche_michelin_supercup_ims_2005.jpg

Pete

Looking through pictures of sports cars on the track, for example the Porsche Supercup, it would seem that the wings are mounted just below roof level, presumably this is the best position.

Pete

One thing I'd check, is the regulations for their wings, it may well be that they have specified wing dimensions. In DTM for example, all of the cars use the same wing regardless of the car manufacturer. It also depends what you want to use the car for and diffuser/flat floor/ canards etc you have to complement it.

And before anyone asks, I got mine because I love the look of them :lol: