Need to un-do an Eibach lowering kit...

anglais49

My Eibach lowering kit is too low!

It was on the car before I got it so I don't know a whole lot about it. When I was driving mostly on main roads, motorways and billiard table suburban roads it was never a problem - I just had to be in the middle of the road to get both wheels up over any speed bumps. But now I live in the countryside and it does not like the uneven lanes at all.

I'm still searching for a route to work that avoids those stupid single-lane speed bumps where you can't get both wheels up. And now tractor-worn country lanes with a massive hump running down the middle. I've added about 10 miles to my commute so far and still had about a mile of nasty scraping noise this morning.

So it needs to go higher.

Would I be right in thinking that an Eibach lowering kit is not adjustable? I presume it isn't coilover? Obviously I'd rather have the current kit tweaked than have to buy new springs.

Potentially daft question, but how do I find out exactly what is on the car now? I didn't fit them so I'm not sure if they're 20mm, 30mm or what...

Any help, general advice, experience much appreciated

If it's just springs that are fitted, and they are Eibach, they'll be a 30mm drop.

Used standard OEM springs often come up on here and eBay for not much money, you can then (once OEM are fitted), sell the Eibach to recoup any loss.

Alternatively get some Tein springs which are a 17mm Front and 15mm Rear drop for about £140 new - then sell the Eibach.

I have the Tein fitted and do not have any issues with speed bumps.

If it's just springs that are fitted, and they are Eibach, they'll be a 30mm drop.

Used standard OEM springs often come up on here and eBay for not much money, you can then (once OEM are fitted), sell the Eibach to recoup any loss.

Alternatively get some Tein springs which are a 17mm Front and 15mm Rear drop for about £140 new - then sell the Eibach.

I have the Tein fitted and do not have any issues with speed bumps.

Teins are good for normal use. A bit wallowy for track/fast road use though.

I know it's more money but I personally think coilovers are worth it.

+1 if you're gonna drive on track/ do any spirited drives. Will be upgrading mine to coilovers at some point. Springs on their own are just not right.

Springs on their own are fine. I'm on eibach atm and they are awesome. But being able to dial in a height and comfort would be nice.

I'm in a similar situation, I've not had my zed for long but it has eibach springs and the front does seem to be very low. A bit too low for me to be honest, I went over a full length speed bump the other day at about 2mph and I could feel the car dragging along it and the noise made me cringe.

Does anyone know the spring rates of the Eibach and Tein's?

• 5 weeks later...

I have a pair of Tein rear springs (only rear :lol:)

got a pair of something else (aftermarket) for the front, will need to see what they are :lol:

I also have a set of standard springs sub 25k (all 4)

Be happy to swap or something with someone :)