advice on waxing my car

wizurd

Hi all

Just a quick question. Never used wax before but since i had 30 mins of dry weather wanted to try out the poorboys wax on the roof.

So clayed and then used Meguires paint cleaner on it.

Then applied a thin coat of the poorboys wax - let it dry to a haze and buffed it off.

Left it another 5 mins then applied another coat.

This time when i buffed it off though it was harder to buff off plus it produced some fine white powder as i buffed it.

Is this correct or is it because i put too much on the second time around or didn't let the first coat set for long enough?

End product was ok though :-)

PicsArt_1368645086253.jpg

Edited by wizurd

cheers.

24hrs! and I thought 5 mins was enough lol

will try that next time. for now and with Wales weekend approaching will be just the one coat across the rest of the car.

thanks as well, loving the shine on the roof. fingers crossed for the rest of it. my arms are gonna be knackered by the end of Friday :D

will have a look at the dodo stuff as well. do like my car smelling of bubble gum though.

Edited by wizurd

yep it's nattys poorboy wax. the dust must have been a combination of not letting the first coat set for long enough and then over applying the second coat. cheers for the advice.

bbk will have a look at that wax on the weekend then. was thinking about bringing some supplies for cleaning.

Edited by wizurd