Wrapping door cards

Fluke

I've been thinking about using some carbon fibre wrap on my door cards. Has anyone else done it? Can anyone that's wrapped or modified their door cards please post up a few pictures for inspiration?

My guess is it would bubble like mad over time because of the aforementioned texture of the door card itself and the drops and rises of temperatures over the seasons.

If you want the CF look that much, Seibon do actual CF door cards for the Zed

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/products/carbon-fiber-door-panels-for-2002-2008-nissan-350z.html

Edited by BulletMagnet

I was just gonna say, sand it down, should be very easy afterwards :)

rtbiscuit:

Have you got a shot of those parts in the car ?

Looks like you did a great job, I'm keen to do 'dry' CF look in my one.

Edited by RobPhoboS

I'm sure Rich will be back to offer his advice :)

to be fair its been so long since i sat in a zed i have forgotten a little of what the door cards were like :blush:

Depends how permanent you want it to be. Sand the door cards down to a smooth finish and the vinyl won't be a problem, otherwise you might have some issues with it looking like a really bad paintjob

if they are as thin as BM says, maybe a high build primer might be a better solution, but not nowing what material they are made of i would be dubious about spraying anything on them.

I was just gonna say, sand it down, should be very easy afterwards :)

rtbiscuit:

Have you got a shot of those parts in the car ?

Looks like you did a great job, I'm keen to do 'dry' CF look in my one.

no one has fitted the interior parts, this is the first ever batch, still waiting on a first customer for all the new bits.

looking at all the info, i'd just be inclined to buy the carbon ones, i might at some point look at dipping a set of door cards but at the moment its not high on my priorities.