Japfest 2013 - Track Time Video 14:00 ADV Session

370Ad

Max speed was around 130-135 just before hitting Avon Rise.

And that's my problem. I only took her up to about 90mph. Need to grow a bigger pair! And probably gain some more experience. My video should be ready in a few days. It's been cooking on Youtube's site for the last 36 hours.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

Max speed was around 130-135 just before hitting Avon Rise.

And that's my problem. I only took her up to about 90mph. Need to grow a bigger pair!

You do know which pedal is the accelerator don't you?

That slight right hander before Avon Rise was taken at full throttle by me after the 2nd or 3rd time

Edited by smudgedon

Nice footage :thumbs:

Looks like great fun, although I am not sure I would like to take my own car around a track, would be scared that something would go wrong. Plus the margins for error look a lot finer sitting inside the car rather than spectating :lol:

• Like 1

Nice footage :thumbs:

Looks like great fun, although I am not sure I would like to take my own car around a track, would be scared that something would go wrong. Plus the margins for error look a lot finer sitting inside the car rather than spectating :lol:

In the briefing they did try and scare us by saying the 4 major corners at Castle Combe are in the top 10 for UK track days crashes and that it was a mans circuit only :| I didn't really want to go out after that but the track was a lot wider than it seems spectating and after a few sighting laps I found myself really enjoying it.

I think I might be hooked now....already looking at Bedford in July!

• Like 1

Haha, BBK, once on the grass I can understand, but twice in the same spot :lol:

You need to also learn to stay on throttle in corners rather than backing off completely, just on throttle, not accelerating.

Once you do more track days and get more confident, it will come ;)

Haha, BBK, once on the grass I can understand, but twice in the same spot :lol:

You need to also learn to stay on throttle in corners rather than backing off completely, just on throttle, not accelerating.

Once you do more track days and get more confident, it will come ;)

Yeah I know, first time I didn't realise it was there. Second time I entered too fast. Third time I was too busy looking in my rear view mirror at the person coming up behind me.

Problem is is that going into it I wasn't very confident and wanted to follow other people, would have learnt more. But then I got chucked out first. So the whole time I was keeping to the left not taking the proper lines so everyone could overtake me. I spent too much time worrying about holding everyone else or doing the wrong thing to properly give it my best or enjoy it. :shrug:

Dont worry mate it was your first time, i did something similar in my baptism of fire at the ring (didnt go off on the grass mind).

I kept looking in my mirrors paranoid someone was going to hit me up the arse or that i was slowing everyone down, was focused too much behind and ot enough on the road.

Thankfully i was with bennett who was brilliant, he told me stop looking in the mirror, focus ahead, turn turn, break, break, go........

The other issue i had was i kept feathering the brake pedal as i do on normal roads. 2 laps in and i started getting deposits on the disks. Had to condition myself to be on then off the breaks.

Just needs more runs and experience, you will love it

Edited by Will370z

Best thing you can spend money on at a track day is tuition. I learnt more in 20 minutes with an instructor than a whole morning on my own at Oulton Park. They just put so much more speed into everything and make you realise how much quicker you can safely go around the circuit.

Edited by TomS