The Smiler - alton towers

neo

a preview test ride ahead of the launch 23rd may

looks like one rough ride :scare: and it's brand new :scare: :scare: it'll be worse at the end seats too.

they should sell neck braces in the gift shop :lol:

i love my coasters but cant say this ride will be that re-rideable ( that even a word) in a single day.

I was there in October when they said it will open in March. So my other half bought me tickets for the usual stay over at the Alton Towers Hotel. We always go on a Monday when the parks is pretty quiet. Before we went we checked to see if the Smiler would be running and its late, they wouldn't let us change our tickets till May.

So all we had were pictures instead.

It does look epic and the second half looks better. The vertical climb was taken from Saw at Thorpe Park.

null_zpsa3bd6f4c.jpg

null_zpsc116a6f4.jpg

null_zps0512da09.jpg

null_zps83691330.jpg

I can't wait to get on it!!!!

Thx for sharing the pics :thumbs:

for £18m they could have a got a better and smoother ride from B&M with a few million to spare, at least the marketing people haven't gone over boat like they did with thir3teen, what a huge let down that was :thumbdown:

Love coasters but having done cedar point over 5 days the year maverick opened all uk parks seem rather tame. Top thrill dragster is my favourite and I'm scared of heights.... Didn't experience a roll back though :(

This just looks like an assault on the senses and should be good fun :)

Ha ha I was right.....

The beginning I wasn't expecting when I first went on it, but probably one of the top 3 I've ever been on.

Stealth is wicked...... But I so want to ride Kingda Ka!! It's the tallest in the world at 456ft high and gets to 128mph in 3 seconds. In comparison stealth is 205ft

If you're like me, head to www.rcdb.com

And POV

• 2 months later...