350z advice please

Dan-s14a

hello guys ive currently got a 200sx s14a but im looking to change and I think the 350 is my best option any advice on things to look out for when buying? what sort of power do most of them have as standard then what do they get upto with bolt on mods exhaust etc? what the cars like to live with and what they like vs turbo cars such as the 200sx focus st skyline etc thanks guys hope you can help :)

Edited by Dan-s14a

Do a search on here as you won't find any substantial gains with bolt ons without and uprev then only looking at 15 to 20 bhp gains unless you go down the FI route.

your best bet is an 03 to 05 scoob for speed and kick in the back in the same price range without to many mods if you can find a PPP.

I also had a 14a it was stage one so about 280 bhp I never got on with it really but the 350z I love as said unless you super or turbo charge it it won't be big power but 300bhp is enough and with the sound of the v6 its wicked. Handling is excellent brakes are good and they don't feel like barges like supras. Take one for a test drive and see what you think.

just a different buzz, where a turbo cars give you that exhilarating shove the Zed allows you to take it the redline with a constant surge of torque all the way through the rev range.

You'll enjoy it and with a decent exhaust the noise really is great. I have the Nismo system which gives a lovely almost warble like bark.

I had 2 S14's one was pretty much standard and the second was stage 2 with forged internals Gt2871R roller bearing turbo,555cc injectors, walbro, straight thru exhaust, D2 coilovers, Z33 MAF, racing clutch etc, etc and i must admit it was a pig to drive around town. I had a test drive in a 350Z GT and i was sold the moment i dropped the clutch and felt all that torque surging through. I got rid of my S14, bought the 350Zed and have never looked back. OK it hasn't got the kick in the pants my S14 had but the joy in driving with all of that torque and the noise of the V6 i only wish i'd done it sooner.

Hi, I have a 02 Bug WRX midly modified and a recent purchase of a 04 Azure 350z GT, love them both.....but everytime I drive the Scoob I continually think how I can improve the boost buzz, with the Zed its REALLY nice having instant power, from about 1200rpm you hardly know which gear your in! With the turbo.....wrong gear can be annoying, everytime i feel the V6 fire up I just start grinning, people have even asked to get their photo taken with it!!! Just love the noise it makes, timeless looks, need to stop now before this ends up a novel. :)