Few teething problems on my Z

Oakley350z

Morning all, been having a few small problems since I bought my zed and looking for some answers or advice :)

First of all is a scrubbing type noise that seems to be coming from the offside rear wheel when turning left at slow speeds, gets progressively quicker at a certain point as the wheel goes round.

Second of all is my worries about the clutch, it's got 50,000 miles on it and hasn't been replaced, not sure when it has to be done. At the moment the biting point is fairly high and seems to be stalling sometimes... (Could be down to driver error? )

Tried reversing up a slope the other day and was putting a bit of strain on the clutch when a chattering noise was heard?

Might be nothing but I get paranoid about these things!

Any help or advice is appreciated :)

Cheers, Oakley

Personally, id say at 50,000 miles im surprised the clutch is even still there. From reading on here, 24k miles seems to be when the clutches need replacing, im at 57k and onto my 2nd clutch now.

As for the chattering noise. yes, it may be related to the wear, but I have found the transmission in these is rather noisy, clutch noise seems fairly common.

• Like 1

One thing ive noticed is that the zeds clutch`s life seems to vary drastically. You have some who have only lasted 25k, others 80k. Mine was at 40k and still perfectly fine. Seems to be very variable.

Mainly because Zed usage varies greatly... some people jump in them at the weekend and thrash about, other use them everyday as a commuter car....

• 2 months later...

I must be one of the ones putting up the average...just about to go to 98,000 miles. Still original clutch.

Had car from new and used for work...commuter and longer travel for 7 years (54 plate) and more casual mileage the last 3 years.

Stuck on the M25 recently and clutch was beginning to "judder" so guessing it is not long for this world...but it seems i cant complain!!!

The scratching noise sounds like the disc dirt guard at the rear of it. May be rubbing, dirt may be caught in it also. Check for scratches on the rear face of the disc, that's a sign of something being caught. If not the just bend it out a little.

Clutch chatter is normal. As long as its not slipping you'll be fine. Drivetrain in the 350z is not the quietest

I must be one of the ones putting up the average...just about to go to 98,000 miles. Still original clutch.

Had car from new and used for work...commuter and longer travel for 7 years (54 plate) and more casual mileage the last 3 years.

Stuck on the M25 recently and clutch was beginning to "judder" so guessing it is not long for this world...but it seems i cant complain!!!

Wow, someone on here that's had their Z longer than me, only 9.5 years for me. :thumbs: