American football anyone?

wizurd

just wondered if anyone else followed it on the forum. like watching it when I have time. vikings fan. played a season of it last year with a Wales team and hoping to play again next year. interested to see if anyone else is into it.

I've tried numerous times over many years to get into NFL and just can't do it, I switch off after 10-15 minutes.

Saying that, I'm heading to Texas in Oct and the person were going to stay with said we can go to a Cowboys game, so maybe seeing it live will perk my interest.

Yer on TV even I struggle sometimes. I prefer watching the college football on TV seems to be less breaks. watching it live is totally different. obviously each play is only short but there's less interruptions and it flows better. Def go if your in texas . got an aunt over there and they are all nuts lol

I've tried numerous times over many years to get into NFL and just can't do it, I switch off after 10-15 minutes.

Same here, too many ad breaks. American sports tend to built around short bursts of action and long breaks for adverts. It's just what Americans are used to and is the main reason why football/rugby/cricket will never really catch on in The States, they just don't have the attention span. American football is actually quite entertaining, it's a real family day out and crowds are truly gigantic but I don't see it ever catching on here in its current format.

Pete

I follow, albeit hard to do from here, have to be prepared for a late night on Mon, channel 5 I think last year. For my sins support the Buffalo Bills, yes, them, 3 Superbowls way back when, lost em all. I try to hold a rather unsuccessful Superbowl party every year, no 1 will come cause it finishes about 4am. The very best was 2 years ago with an outcome decided in the last 2 secs & Bruce Springsteen as the halftime show, pure brilliance.

Been to all the International Series games so far and am a Packers fan. I got into it about 15 years ago with the coverage on Sky. I've been a rugby player for many years so its kind of up my street. It does take a while to get your head around the many many rules but once you get into it you realise it is a highly tactical and skillful game. As with all professional sports, the guys on the TV make things look ridiculously easy, doing things that us mere mortals could only dream of doing.