Taxi vs bumper!

Tackleberry

Park up the car to go into the flat on my lunch break, pick up my mail when i hear a lovely loud crunching from outside. Turns out my car had been assulted by a mercedes!

Got the boys details, address, number (made sure it worked!) pictures including registered taxi number. Sure hes legit but never going to take his word for it until i see payment! SO

I need a new bumper! Wanted to swap to the N1 bumper anyway and there's very little price difference, (on ebay at least) not fussed about replicas.

Any idea what front end respray and bumper will sting me? Will be doing the rounds later today.

post-16733-0-60132100-1366633048_thumb.jpg

What a pain in the arse.......or should i say front ! Sorry to here that mate Front end respray (if you wanted to have bonnet, wings bumper) done. Im not a sprayer, but i did have a couple of Quotes to do mine. They ranged from £550 up to £750 ! + your new bumper costs. I did find one that did the job for £400 :yahoo: so went with them and they did a fantastic job :D Defo shop around

Well i've had one quote so far and that was £800 from a local place called paint technic. They have mixed reviews but speaking to the guy he seems nice enough but, i guess they all do when they want your business! That was £800 with a replacement bumper or half that if they repair it. It could be repaired at half that price, would include smoothing the badge and getting a new number plate thats a bit more tucked away.

Waiting to hear back from a top end sprayer with their estimate, mates have recommended http://www.kinghornbodyshop.co.uk Totally different end of the spectrum in terms of establishment so would expect a very high standard, not one bad review. So will see, chasing them for a quote today.

Edited by Tackleberry

• 1 month later...