Exhaust Systems

AMT

Ok, pondering the inevitable box rotting, and having to replace with stainless steel (why don't they make it from that in the first place?!) ...or I may just replace it for the sake of it :teeth: ...whats the best exahust system to get and what kinda costs am I looking at? I see a lot online but there all in seperate bits and prices, I'd like to know roughly what the full thing would be to replace/fit...or whatever bits I need to on an exahaust (im not very mechanical lol).

I'm not looking for horrendous booming things, I'd like something similar to the standard, maybe a bit more pronouced but I still like the fact it doesn't make a racket when im normally driving... and as always the cheaper the better lol. Any suggestions? I see the usual Scorpion, Nismo etc but besides some horrid youtube videos that dont give much sense of it was just looking for an opinion. So, similar to the standard just maybe a bit more fruity, as I like the standard howl...

Cheers for any help!

(the guy who said he doesn't really want to modify.... :blush:)

Search is crap on here ive used it a good few times and decided to miss it this time (has just tried and a fair amount came up.... so shoot melol).

Thank you CS! Like the tail pipe choice too as the one people seem to pick with the Cobras is ...horrid lol

Depending on your budget, I can suggest the Invidia Gemini Exhaust system. I currently have a stainless steel tipped system in stock if you want to keep the original look or there is also a choice of Titanium tips if that takes your fancy.

You can find them by clicking the link on my signature below. More than happy to help if you have any questions :thumbs:

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, you need to get yourself down to a meet.

We are all different and like different notes our exhausts make.

YouTube is ok for a rough reference, but has nothing on hearing an exhaust in the flesh.

After hearing a few, you can then ask the owner what they went for and then go from there.

The tips and/or appearance is like one of the last things I'd worry about.

Hope this helps

The link you put up is my car, glad you don't like them as everyone goes for the TP34 so mines not so common. The TP38 looks by far the best out of the Cobra choice, hence why they are on my car :lol:

Sorry! :(:blush: lol

And yes Bullet' you are right, its the sound thats gonna be the main issue, the Cobra seems to sound ok from what ive seen on youtube but yes hearing in the flesh might be better. Might be a couple of months or so before I change it but i'll see how things are looking after my first decent service, make sure the thing isn't rotting away (as apparently they can go quite early :scare:), but I'm not one for hanging around so... meh, def not spending 800+ on one though lol

Received a PM from a known member also :thumbs:

What's your realistic budget? If £800+ is too high then it makes life easier as you can rule out most options and stick to the cheaper end. And as you want quiet, that rules out crapspeed. Buddyclub are nice, but loud. So basically its cobra or scorpion. Or try somewhere like long life dealer and they'll build you one to your own liking and style for £400. You can choose your noise, now many silencers, the shape, sound, volume. And a selection of over 100 different tips to go on the end of it. So the question is do you want a rebuilt system, or a system built for you.

£500 really. But I've been PM'd a £450 one nearby in EK which I might try, but yeah....500 max really. Custom is going to probably be the way, cheaper and I'm not looking for a big difference just an exhaust thats a bit more fruitier n' I don't need to worry about rotten away at the box etc.

I apologise for my simpleness Im not a modder so not a huge amount of knowledge when it starts to go underneath the car, so thanks for the help! lol

Edited by AMT

Having had my exhaust custom built I went with long life after doing my research. My local long life is awesome, and it comes with life time guarantee. Not sure on your location, but their are 4 long life places around Kilmarnock, sterling and Edinburgh.

From what ive heard on the youtube vids (i know...but its all I can go on just now lol) they do sound a bit ..quieter the milltek ones, maybe not so much of a the howl I like. I need to make sure I avoid that constant burble etc you get when you see stuff stuck onto the back of Imprezas etc, god knows why their ears don't bleed lol

Having had my exhaust custom built I went with long life after doing my research. My local long life is awesome, and it comes with life time guarantee. Not sure on your location, but their are 4 long life places around Kilmarnock, sterling and Edinburgh.

Anywhere out from the harthill services in either direction is fine, Edinburgh stirling I can get to these no probs. Where abouts was the one you went to?