Audi A3 vs TT Zed

A9H-RX

:( This makes me so sad!

What road thats on bud as i know your from the Reading area?!

Glad to hear your ok!

Where the 2 lanes merge into one just before the pub on the left and where the old Ford garage was on the right?

He must have hit you with some force!

Know that place well! Scary

Why not go SC with rear mounted turbo.

That would be fuuuuuuuuun!!

SC? Sorry not with it? haha and rear mounted turbo, I hope you don't mean back of the car? lol

SC = Supercharger

Rear mount Turbo = yes at the back.

Both running together = no friggin lag whatsoever. The rear mounted turbo will suffer less from heat soak.

I think its the STS rear mount, and then mount a shocking great SC at the front.

Of course you'd have to forge again, but you'd be seeing 500+ and a beautiful amount of torque.

STS discussion

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/293025-official-sts-rear-mount-turbo-discussion-thread.html

And here's a LS2 TT rear mounted monster!!

Edited by Wasso

Why not go SC with rear mounted turbo.

That would be fuuuuuuuuun!!

SC? Sorry not with it? haha and rear mounted turbo, I hope you don't mean back of the car? lol

SC = Supercharger

Rear mount Turbo = yes at the back.

Both running together = no friggin lag whatsoever. The rear mounted turbo will suffer less from heat soak.

I think its the STS rear mount, and then mount a shocking great SC at the front.

Of course you'd have to forge again, but you'd be seeing 500+ and a beautiful amount of torque.

STS discussion

http://my350z.com/fo...ion-thread.html

And here's a LS2 TT rear mounted monster!!

[url=

[/media[/url]]

Cor B)

I have seen this rear turbo mount setup. I thought it was a bit backwards and you have to run all the oil lines and boost pipe back up the car again.. Makes sense for cooling thogh I guess..

Surprisingly I suffered no lag unless I was in 6th at 50mph... I'd start boosting at 2.5k and mid range power makes you leave anything behind before you'd even think of going up another gear at red line.. lol

But it does sound cool :p

Glad to hear your ok!

Where the 2 lanes merge into one just before the pub on the left and where the old Ford garage was on the right?

Glad to hear your ok!

Know that place well! Scary

That is the one. Happen just passed the traffic lights. Manage to dominate about 8 trees and a 40mph sign.. lol

You are extremely lucky if you were not injured, the car has had shunts nearly all over it.

Getting paid out so quick is almost unheard of, but I guess as your in the business you have the inside track.

Hope you get your next zed sorted out soon and glad to see you walked away from what could have caused serious injury, it also shows that Zelda can take quite a battering.

• Like 1

Jesus, thats some pounding. Shame to see another Azure battered, but atleast you are ok, and the engine etc is intact, though the IC looks a little dented at the bottom. Things like this do give some scope for changes though.

Jesus, thats some pounding. Shame to see another Azure battered, but atleast you are ok, and the engine etc is intact, though the IC looks a little dented at the bottom. Things like this do give some scope for changes though.

Thats the shape of the intercooler :) untouched considering how low the car is mounting the kirb and the front bumper being wripped off into 4+ pieces!

Cant quite get my head around something, are the rear mounted turbos loud. Effectively its coming straight off the hot side of the turbo, or is it ok because its already been silenced through the exhaust?

Not to sure what your on about dude? Where did this Q come from? My zed didn't have rear mounted turbos..?

Edited by A9H-RX

Cant quite get my head around something, are the rear mounted turbos loud. Effectively its coming straight off the hot side of the turbo, or is it ok because its already been silenced through the exhaust?

Not to sure what your on about dude? Where did this Q come from? My zed didn't have rear mounted turbos..?

i think he meant what was posted up and the vid earlier in the thread.

thats unbelievable, glad your ok. could have been nasty. shame about your car

Luckily his insurance paid out and within 48hours of the accident!!! I got to keep the car and the Twin Turbo lump and front mount intercooler is untouched!!!

Good Lord! In August last year, we got a slight nudge to the rear of the Jag, and we're STILL waiting for the other guy's insurers to cough up.

Who are you, and the Audi driver, with, cos I need to change insurers.

Luckily his insurance paid out and within 48hours of the accident!!! I got to keep the car and the Twin Turbo lump and front mount intercooler is untouched!!!

Good Lord! In August last year, we got a slight nudge to the rear of the Jag, and we're STILL waiting for the other guy's insurers to cough up.

All down to liability. If liability is in your favour you can claim all your losses a lot quicker

All down to liability. If liability is in your favour you can claim all your losses a lot quicker

Liability was in our favour, the car was parked when someone in a van reversed into it. The car only got repaired 2 months ago and my insurers are still chasing for payment from the other guys insurers. There's talk of court action now, insurer on insurer action.

• 2 weeks later...

I swear i saw this parked up in Burghfield last night under a car cover....it looked so sad :(

That is where she lays. All stripped now ready to be scrapped next weekend. poor thing