Admiral you Beaut

Diab2005

So called Admiral about my renewal (No mods declared-£850) the guy added the mods and dropped the price to 750 +75 to include all mods. Checked Sky and Prestige both 1200-1400...great cust service though. Rung Admiral back advising I had done a NEW quote and got it down to 666. They then checked and said they could sort it for £616 INCLUDING all mods. RESULT!!!

• Like 1

I've had good results with Admiral. Recently added/declared my exhaust, splitter, pop charger and wheels and it cost £19.

I've seen others on here have had good quotes and premiums. Must admit there was a slight language barrier on my last call though and he really hadn't got a clue what a front splitter was. :lol:

Just bear in mind you're not covered for the value of those mods should you need to claim, so you'd only get standard stuff back :) We're with them on the Impreza.

Great result though, that's a good price!

You can pay for mod cover now. So they don't replace the mods but give you X% of a value towards them. It was an extra £27 when i took out my insurance.

Ooh, didn't know that, thanks! Not sure whether that's a bit cheeky or a bit handy really, I suspect the former. Do you know the percentage by any chance?

Not a problem :) Just read my policy. Its not great but a step in the right direction i suppose.....

Compensation up to £500 or 10% of vehicle value.

And I paid £17 not £27 for this cover :doh:

Yeah, you really don't want to be with a mainstream insurer when you've done an FI conversion on any car. Even if your premium doubles, it'll be worth it to have some proper cover.

£500 of mods wouldn't cover a lot on the Porker :lol: Wouldn't do too badly on the Impreza though, might have to get Jo to call them and add that on I think.

Yea, they pretty good! I'm 25, was 24 when got 350... Got a quite of just over £1600 from them...added my mum as a named driver - got it down to 800... This year payed around 700(can't remember how much exactly) but that with all mods declared and no mum on the policy lol when I spoke to other ins. companies - they all pretty much said that admiral/elephant/diamond(same company) is the only company they can't compete with on prices!

Here's a thought, with this forum being a really helpful resource for Zed owners et all..

Why don't we collate and compile a list of experienced drivers/members, with clean licences and claim history?

Then we can add one or more of the aforementioned members as 'additional drivers' to our policies when renewal time comes to reduce our premiums.

As I said. just a thought...... :shrug::lol:;)

Here's a thought, with this forum being a really helpful resource for Zed owners et all..

Why don't we collate and compile a list of experienced drivers/members, with clean licences and claim history?

Then we can add one or more of the aforementioned members as 'additional drivers' to our policies when renewal time comes to reduce our premiums.

Great Idea!! Plus the additional driver gets a years NCB which means if oyur added to say 10 other peoples policies would this not be the equivalent of 10 years NCB in one year???

I may well be a bit late but it's worth a shot.

If you want, ping me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call. I work at Adrian Flux and I'll see what we can get for you covering your mods on a like for like basis.

Cheers,

Ed

Great Idea!! Plus the additional driver gets a years NCB which means if oyur added to say 10 other peoples policies would this not be the equivalent of 10 years NCB in one year???

Eh? Additional drivers dont get any NCB. Its only the policy holder who gets the NCB. On my insurance I have my parents added and they dont get any extra NCB as a result. The insurance company also never asks for any copies of their driving licenses or do any checks as to whether they actually exist or not. So, based upon that you could add that 97 year old pensioner who lives in the scary house at the end of the village without their knowledge and still get an insurance reduction.

Im not sure whats going on with insurance atm, but my zed cost me £900 to insure last year. This year, out of interest, ive just got a quote for a lambo gallardo worth 60grand and Elephant / Admiral are quoting me just £450 fully comp. And thats with me saying that i`ll leave it parked on the street every night.

This year, out of interest, ive just got a quote for a lambo gallardo worth 60grand and Elephant / Admiral are quoting me just £450 fully comp. And thats with me saying that i`ll leave it parked on the street every night.

That's because you live in a very low risk area that no one dares to venture to due to the 97 year old pensioner in the scary house...

Great quote though :thumbs: I bet your next move was immediately to see how much you could pick a 2nd hand Gallardo up for!

• Like 1