Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

Did anyone catch qualifying??? Marquez properly tucking the front, foot off the peg, front wheel chattering and bouncing, saved it on his knee/elbow, but still hit the apex ish and managed a lap 1/4 of a second faster than anyone else!!!!!!

Yeah. Essentially, the bike had gone and he'd come off it. Well, that would of been true for any mere mortal. And I'm sure there was an element of luck involved in the save, but the kid is on a whole new level. I don't think he completed a 'perfect' incident free lap in qualifying and still stuck it on pole - while trying different tyres too! :clap::notworthy:

Some of the super slo-mo footage has been epic. Proper sideways - on a motorcycle! :scare:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

Yeah. Essentially, the bike had gone and he'd come off it. Well, that would of been true for any mere mortal. And I'm sure there was an element of luck involved in the save, but the kid is on a whole new level. I don't think he completed a 'perfect' incident free lap in qualifying and still stuck it on pole - while trying different tyres too! :clap::notworthy:

Some of the super slo-mo footage has been epic. Proper sideways - on a motorcycle! :scare:

Glad someone else saw it and the slo mo is fantastic, two wheel drift anyone. :lol:

So interesting listening to some of the commentators, particularly ex racers. Found it curious they were discussing his crashes in qualifying last year and that he is literally testing the limits, once he reaches it, he bins it, but knows what he can get away with come the race.

Same in this qualifying, instantly quick and then just proceeded to try different lines, braking a metre or two later, squaring corners off etc to see if he could gain more time!!

Taking nothing away from watching the other fast riders, but often it looks boring, this is just exciting to watch! I always remember Huewen saying he would pay to just watch Stoner ride round by himself. :surrender:

i saw marquez do that ...ridiculous and with a half broken leg thats healing still...what time does the race start? im house sitting and just going to pop round to see if BT sport is running ok while there away :lol:

Edited by jumping350

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am not too hopefull we shall see a battle up front today, Marquez being pretty much a second a lap faster all weekend, on just a 1.37 lap! Its a consolation he is great to watch but will get boring for the season if this continues, perhaps some late race tyre wear might save the day :)

First few laps were mental. More like a Moto3 race than MotoGP! :lol:

I know it's far too early to be thinking about a clean sweep for Marquez this year, but if continues to ride the way he is (and keeps finding the limits on a Fri & Sat, not Sun), he's gonna be hard to beat. He's in a different league at the mo, and the other riders can see that, they're adapting their own riding style to compete.

first few laps were mental. More like a Moto3 race than MotoGP! :lol:

I know it's far too early to be thinking about a clean sweep for Marquez this year, but if continues to ride the way he is (and keeps finding the limits on a Fri & Sat, not Sun), he's gonna be hard to beat. He's in a different league at the mo, and the other riders can see that, they're adapting their own riding style to compete.

Apparently thats the talk in the paddock, I think there are too many variables though, mechanical failure, tyre failure, other riders taking him out, rain etc

Awesome ride by little Dani again, still have to keep reminding myself he weighs about as much as a packet of peanuts. Lorenzo just has no answer to those 2 at the moment.

I know Rossi did ok again, but you got to wonder how long he will hang about getting 4ths or whatever?

Another thought i had whilst discussing with a mate, whilst Marquez sat behind Lorenzo there was an air of excitement, could he pass??

I know the logical (perhaps obvious) thought was yes, but i still found myself glued to the screen wondering, when and how, will Lorenzo be able to put up a fight etc? So the great thing about this was, you didnt definitely know it was going to happen and how! So what i am getting at is, we didnt know because they dont have the ship to shore radios like F1 where you pretty much know exactly what each driver and team are doing. Lesson for F1 if you ask me, go back to pit boards!

• Like 1

Marquez was looking very closely at his pit board each time he passed. It's often said that the riders are often thinking 3 or 4 corners ahead of the one they've just done, but Marquez is 3 or 4 laps ahead of the one he's on. Definitely raised the bar.

Did anyone else hear "Brad's got a hard on" in FP3? They were obviously discussing tyres, but Keith Huewen just came out with it. I couldn't stop laughing :lol: Childish, I know :blush:

Thought we might be in for a belting race today, all the 4 aliens on a very similar pace in qualifying and practice, just looked like MM found something a little extra. Still, 4 poles, 4 wins, its looking ominous.

Whats happened to Lorenzo, mystifying! :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Bradders showing he's just a big kid at heart (aren't we all)?

Saw this first when it was aired on MotoGP tonight. Found it on YouTube so had to share it! Enjoy :lol:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Without spoiling the result for those that haven't seen it, I thought the mutual respect 1st and 2nd place riders showed each other in parc ferme was brilliant. They both clearly enjoyed today's work at the office :clap::notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

Also have to mention the comradery of the riders, Rossi semi punching Marquez on the slow down lap and then full on strangling him in Park Ferme which Marquez went along with, Pedrosa too with his incident with Marquez, smiles, laughs and respect all round!

A genuine question, why on earth cant F1 be like this!

• Like 1

A genuine question, why on earth cant F1 be like this!

I don't watch F1, but I can guess what the pits and driver rivalry is like. I know this was mentioned a few times when they were chatting to Lewis Hamilton on race day. Great to see the riders loving what they do and enjoying a good race/battle/duel as much as the spectators.