Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

<p>What a mental race, i think its pedrosa fault, he pitted lap early they were told to pit lap 9 or 10 and both bikes had to pit within 2 laps of each other so marc pitted on the 3rd (which was 9) and they black flagged him, marc done what he was supposed to pedrosa didn't......i think lol

Edited by jumping350

Great race today! :) well done Lorenzo!

Haha Marquez you can't count :lol:

It was actually Hondas fault, they had decided that the extra lap didnt count as it was effectively still the same lap ;) He boxed when he was told to box on the pit board ;)

Edited by Jetpilot

It was actually Hondas fault, they had decided that the extra lap didnt count as it was effectively still the same lap ;) He boxed when he was told to box on the pit board ;)

Ha I'm so glad he got black flagged :) also his right arm looks injured as he tried to cut Lorenzo up, well done Lorenzo for giving a dirty rider what he deserves

Ha I'm so glad he got black flagged :) also his right arm looks injured as he tried to cut Lorenzo up, well done Lorenzo for giving a dirty rider what he deserves

Whilst i am sure you are relishing a reply as you seem to enjoy provocative posts rather than intelligent ones, suggesting you clearly have no idea about motorsport, particularly if you think Marquez is dirty :) ironically you think Vettel isnt ;)

Whilst i am sure you are relishing a reply as you seem to enjoy provocative posts rather than intelligent ones, suggesting you clearly have no idea about motorsport, particularly if you think Marquez is dirty :) ironically you think Vettel isnt ;)

You are clearly right, I have no idea about anything.... Sorry to rustle your feathers your majesty

didnt get the pitstops, seemed a bit stupid.

Guessing they became a requirement just for that race due to tyre maker worries of durability of tyre

By all accounts Philip Island has recently had some resurfacing, increasing overall speed, added with some hotter weather than expected adding to still more increased speed, the tyres supplied would not have lasted a race distance by a long shot and therefore would have put the riders in danger.

Personally i think it was a massive >>>> up on Bridgestones part and although i would not like to see any riders injured those boys are at the top of the game should be able to adjust accordingly and whilst ever it was entertaining to watch the stops i think it would have been far more entertaining to see full race distance. Also think its very odd that the number of laps permitted was so strict, at least give a 4 lap window or something and a whilst Honda/Marquez made an error there is no denying that, a full black flag, why not just a drive through, like for jumping the start? Even Pedrosa was expected to hand back a place due to pitlane speeding, but no black flag, what was the difference, they both broke the rules?

Interesting how F1 & MotoGp differ, would be very unlikely that a black flag is handed out in F1, drive through, investigated after the race and grid penalties for next race, but very rarely, your off end off.

I think with F1 the reason why some cases are reviewed after the race is that the stewards have far more information/sources available to them to investigate thoroughly than they do on MotoGP.

The think I found daft about the pit stops was they changed bikes. If you had an issue with the first bike, that would be cleared come pit stop. Why not make it more exciting and make the teams change the wheels.

Both bikes would have been set up almost exactly the same i am guessing and a wheel change would take a considerable amount of time.

I suppose needs must for that race but didnt like the format personally, it played right into Yamaha/Jorge early pace abilities. Would have liked to have seen a wider window giving the teams the ability to work out the best strategy for their bikes and riders.

Onwards and upwards, Motegi this weekend, you would think Honda will win at its own track ;) but which Honda :)

Yeah, the whole circuit was resurfaced and 10 laps were the most permitted amount before the tyres became unsafe. I think we saw symptons of the tyre degredation before riders came in - Each of the leaders almost lost it and kept themselves up on their knees.

I think a wider window, as you said 4 laps would of sorted the men from the boys and shown who could ride with a cream crackered tyre. I think Marquez did well to keep it upright at race pace for that 'extra' lap.

With 2 bikes set up for dry conditions, it would of been really interesting if it rained! - I think they got lucky there as it did start near the end of the race.

Valencia is gonna be a bare knuckle fight. Bring it on :)

Tyres would never have lasted i read, the track was tearing them up ,the window was so small because it would literally rip the tyre to pieces and unlike f1 a 200mph tyre failure on a bike is far more life threatening and they couldn't take the chance, imagine they made it a full race a riders where being flung left right and centre, damage control by bridgestone

So no action from Motegi today :(

But, here's a couple of great shots from Phillip Island courtesy of Marquez.

Practicing the dismount.

68113618-E320-4DC2-A726-BE33C53F8B56-18975-00000C8DBF02CB21_zps41d3beec.jpg

And how his tyre looked after his 'extra' lap :scare:

16B19926-0EE5-4C66-B9C6-791B84215220-18975-00000C8DC911F34B_zpsc4a3b771.jpg

That tyre pic is just scary :scare:

Awesome race at Motegi, Lorenzo was just sublime and it struck me today, apart from his accident earlier in the year, just how awesome he is under pressure, inch perfect lap on lap and coupled with seeing his pit board saying Marquez + "x" and the gap getting smaller and still not being pressured into even the smallest of a mistake is stunning. Superb viewing :)

Got to say as well though, hats off to Marquez, big accident in extended warm up, in pain and 2nd. Very mature for his young age and first year with the big boys, had the feeling you know he would probably have gone for it at some point if he needed to win but a 13 point lead into Valencia means a 3rd place is all thats needed to be the youngest world champion ever, breaking the great Freddie Spencer from all those years ago. I think the old phrase, its his to loose its very paramount.

Maybe team orders should come into play.....Lorenzo asking Rossi to take a mad "bowling ball" lunge at next race!!! Only way I can see Marquez losing title. But stranger things have happened. :lol:

Apart from a Marquez error (or other rider error taking him out), rain is the other thing that can likely interfere with a podium. You never know with racing and i guess thats why i love bike racing on the most part, better than the precession that is F1 at the moment.

• Like 1

Gonna be a good last race, i remember when it was rossis to throw away and he fell off out of no where and Hayden won the title,shame about VR yesterday as well those brakes were not having it lol i used to hate Lorenzo but hes cool now and as mentioned solid under pressure, im hoping Marquez will take title i think he has earned it ...and in his rookie seaon

I'm really not sure who I want to win most. I do like Lorenzo and have done for the past few years since reading his autobiography. But I have the upmost respect for Marquez and think what he has acheived in his first season is awesome.

Whoever wins, it's well deserved. I just hope the last deciding race a Valencia is a 'proper' one with no unfortunate incidents that decide the title before both Lorenzo and Marquez get to cross the white stripe for the final time this year.

I just hope the last deciding race a Valencia is a 'proper' one with no unfortunate incidents that decide the title before both Lorenzo and Marquez get to cross the white stripe for the final time this year.

Good call, dry race, no tyre restrictions, no one being punted off! One thing is for certain, top three will be Spaniards, thats pretty impressive :)

Next year also promises to be awesome, would love little Danni to magic a championship but sadly think he has had his best shot :(

• 2 weeks later...