Moto Gp 2013/14 Thread

Gonna be a great finale to an interesting season.

I was trying to decide which rider I wanted to win the championship. But then I finally realised its not a case of who I want to win, more the fact I don't want either one to lose.

Marquez has had an awesome ROOKIE season, but Lorenzo has dug really deep in the second half and just fought hard.

I know there's a 13 point gap, but its Marquez with the advantage and anything can happen at Valencia.

Let's have a fair fight boys. I can't wait.

Oh, did anyone see practice on Friday and the 'moment' between Lorenzo and Marquez after the chequered flag on the back straight when they were pulling up to practice their starts?

Marquez had pulled up and Lorenzo gently pulled up behind him and just bumped his front tyre to Marc's rear.

Marc turned round to see who it was that had just bumped into the back of him to see a number 99 sat there.

"I'm here young 'in. I right behind you. Wherever you are, I'm here".

Mind games? Nah. Just brilliant :)

Oh, did anyone see practice on Friday and the 'moment' between Lorenzo and Marquez after the chequered flag on the back straight when they were pulling up to practice their starts?

Marquez led up and Lorenzo gentlly pulled up behind him and just bumped his front tyre to Marc's rear.

Marc turned round to see who it was that had just bumped into the back of him to see a number 99 sat there.

"I'm here young 'in. I right behind you. Wherever you are, I'm here".

Mind games? Nah. Just brilliant :)

I liked Marquez little shake of the head as if to say, t*at!

At the end of qualfying during the podium photo shoot lorenzo was also very close to marquez saying something to him, would have loved to know what It was as it didnt look friendly!

Marquez for me, 20.5 years old, no experience of a motogp bike and he has a points lead, however hard lorenzo has ridden this year I just think what marquez has achieved to this point is stunning, possibly some history in the making and we have the priveledge of seeing it.

I know that for a lot of people Marquez is the new kid on the block ( which he is in the top class) but Dorna is Spanish and believe me they only want he Spanish to win,Marquez is without doubt very very talented BUT he has had major help from Dorna in 125 he went straight into the best team tested at every circuit when no other team could afford it.In Moto 2 again he tested at every circuit when you were Not allowed again Dorna looked the other way, his team cheated last year with the standard ECU to make the bike faster.No cheating this year though apart from the fact that Marquez left moto 2 so Dorna decide its to to bring in the weight balance to make it more even for heavier riders like Scott Redding, oh and just the little thing that a rookie cannot go straight to a factory team But this year they changed the rules so you can move up from moto 2 straight into a factory team and this so happens to coincide with Marquez moving up, so for me it's Jorge all the way it's each to there own folks,so come on Jorge punt the little Pri#* off at turn one :lol: oh and I have been to watch this live at Donnington, Assen, Mugello, Spain, France and Germany so not just an armchair fan. :thumbs:

So what about this year, tracks he has never ridden, Laguna Seca etc Dorna isnt riding the bike buddy and regardless of whether the rules were changed to accomodate marquez on a factory bike he is still beating a plethora of extremely talented and experienced riders I am not sure how you can try and dimenish his achievement.

I am not a marquez fan boy, i was gutted when stoner went, but appreciate what the boy has done and he has made this season the most interesting for me since stoner won on the duke!

Sounds like your licking his a#$ :lol: oh Marquez is winning lets support him kinda fan :lol: read the text I said he's very very talented do you ride bikes,have you got bikes because I have got and do ride I actually work in a bike shop :lol:

I have ridden bikes since i was 8, road bikes since 16, watched Moto Gp since the Doohan days, i wasnt aware we were waving willies to who has the most authority, which is neither of us do :) He is just awesome to watch and if Stoner had still been there would have wanted him to win and actually wanted Danni to win. Keep the blinkers on if you think Dorna won him the championship and subsequent history!

Dorna, blah blah blah, Marquez very very talent then lots of snipes and willy waving because you work in a bike shop!

Have i missed anything other than some more snipes to try and justify your opinion??

Enjoy seeing Dorna ride next year, sorry i mean MM, the youngest ever MotoGP champion. ;)

P.s No your not my buddy, i thought i was going to be able to have some sensible discussion with a fellow mature enthusiast, i apologise for giving you some early credit ;)

Night night, i have my armchair to go to B)

You still don't get it do you I told you stuff that you may not of known about and you have just read what you wanted to read I was the first to put a well done to Marc.I have told facts not snipes we all have our opinions I am and always will be a Valentino fan.Sheene, Luchinelli then Uncini, Lawson,Rainey then Doohan (we agree on that,) then Roberts junior, then Vale, these are my favourites with Marco Simoncelli (RIP) Scott Redding also.

You both sound like kids TBH. :p

Cracking ride from both yesterday, I dont think Ive ever seen anyone hold a bike race up from the front, Lorenzo has regained his "something else" status for me. Next year is going to be awesome, lets hope we see more of the first 10 laps and less of the rest ;)

Marquez deserved the championship this year. So did Lorenzo, but I'm glad Marquez won after all that he has acheived this year. He has had a noticeable impact on other riders (the 'aliens'). I don't think I've seen Dani ever rider as aggressively as he did this year. Lorenzo has shown the strength that has won him championships, but Marc has now forced him to dig that little bit deeper. Evem the riding styles of the riders is changing. They're hanging off further which is the latest evolution following the 'Doctor's Dangle'. Elbows down? Really? The only time I ever had my elbow down, it was shortly followed my my arse, head and the remains of my bike.

Marquez rode a mature ride. Lorenzo tried to bait him into a race after he broke away, but Marc knew it wasn't needed. A comfortable second place will do nicely.

But those first ten laps! :scare: More of those please next year.

Be interesting to see how Rossi gets on without his wingman Burgess. Bit of a shocker that one, especially how/when it was done.

Edited by 14N

Well unless we sign up to (maybe already have) Bt Sport we will struggle to enjoy next year. No mention of who their commentary will be but gather they will be devoting more time to it and a f1 style kind of show with a dedicated presenter or two, features etc etc

Would actually love to go back to the days of Randy Mamola in pitlane and still Toby & Jules, would really enjoy hearing more from Neil Spalding, i find what he has to say about the bikes and their workings fascinating. Would also like to have Keith Huewen around.

But please no Parish and Cox, i watched the BBC coverage once this year as was bored and didnt want to wait for Eurosport, never again.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well, the 2014 season opener is getting closer, and I haven't figured out how the heck I'm gonna catch the action this year as I'm a Sky customer.

Anyways, the reason for my post; have you seen who BT Sport have announced as theoir anchor (wo)man for MotoGP.

Melanie Sykes!? Wha? Yep, Melanie Sykes, the well know motorcycle sport guru.

http://sport.bt.com/moresporthub/moresport/meet-the-motogp-team-melanie-sykes-S11389845033119

First question and answer to the 'get to know your MotoGP team says it all really.

• Are you a bike rider or a car driver?
    I am a car driver with I lifelong ambition to be a bike rider. Does grabbing any chance to go pillion count?

The interview just gets worse from that point on. Come back Suzi Perry, please....

Well, the 2014 season opener is getting closer, and I haven't figured out how the heck I'm gonna catch the action this year as I'm a Sky customer.

Anyways, the reason for my post; have you seen who BT Sport have announced as theoir anchor (wo)man for MotoGP.

Melanie Sykes!? Wha? Yep, Melanie Sykes, the well know motorcycle sport guru.

http://sport.bt.com/...S11389845033119

First question and answer to the 'get to know your MotoGP team says it all really.

• Are you a bike rider or a car driver?
    I am a car driver with I lifelong ambition to be a bike rider. Does grabbing any chance to go pillion count?

The interview just gets worse from that point on. Come back Suzi Perry, please....

I think all you need to know is in question 8's answer in what can we expect from bt sports coverage, "i hope it will be "SEXY", blah blah blah.

Eye candy and nothing more and to be fair, much better eye candy than Susi Perry these days ;)

The commentary is back to Ryder and Huewen which is a great combo although its a shame Moody has gone, mind you i noticed he is doing commentary for x games, so doubt he is that fussed :)

Hopefully we wont have to listed to the droning of Neil Hodgson too much but the rest of the line up looks good.

Guess i am going to have to switch broadband to BT. :surrender:

Edited by Jetpilot

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to start a new 2014 thread but thought as you already started this years chat Il just amend the title lol

im planning if its still the same format as last year practice and quali on eurosport live then the race immediately after bt sport have shown it on ES.

just got my mates sky go login after all these years and now btsport have it. Uttrr douchebags

Well with the season upcoming i have switched broadband to Bt to get BT sport for free, well £3 a month extra for hd, infinity broadband for £7.50 for 6 months and then £15.

Gives you a free app tp watch on line too so not too bad :)

• 2 weeks later...