OKAY NEXT MODIFICATION CONTINUED WITH PICS

Zedrush

Good job chap, looks excellent.

Think I need something smaller than a laptop now, it fills too much of the glovebox for my liking as its bigger than the recessed bit. The Mac mini looks sweet, but I think my GF will kill me if I get one!

Progress on my install is now the power cables are run (yesterday), I have run the power/USB for the screen and the RCA for sound today. Hooked it up to the lappy and Carnetix v quickly and worked very well. Cant wait to get the screen in and fabricate something for the glovebox :D

Not sure what happened yesterday, I pulled up outside a house and the wireless internet name was netscape, with 32 range and a full bar of service, so I logged on to the internet using the netscape and then opened the internet. It then said something about linking to duelroam :wacko::wacko::wacko: so I entered yes not knowing what it was then it started opening up web pages and showing me what the person in the particular house was looking at. The woman I think was on a chat forum and was typing to another user 'Blogus' about how she cant wait to meet up and that she has booked her train tickets already. Blogus replied something like....gonna tear your clothes off when I see you, been too long.... :scare:

I couldnt believe it and logged off since it would be indecent of me to carry on invading this poor girls privacy, so after 20mins of looking :teeth: I turned off.....

What the hell is happening??????? :scare::scare:

This is very dangerous since had she of bought something and typed in card number id have full access to it... Not good, not that im that kind of person but now im thinking what was it on her server that she had that was so open and what the hell is duelroam. :scare:

Not sure what happened yesterday, I pulled up outside a house and the wireless internet name was netscape, with 32 range and a full bar of service, so I logged on to the internet using the netscape and then opened the internet. It then said something about linking to duelroam :wacko::wacko::wacko: so I entered yes not knowing what it was then it started opening up web pages and showing me what the person in the particular house was looking at. The woman I think was on a chat forum and was typing to another user 'Blogus' about how she cant wait to meet up and that she has booked her train tickets already. Blogus replied something like....gonna tear your clothes off when I see you, been too long.... :scare:

I couldnt believe it and logged off since it would be indecent of me to carry on invading this poor girls privacy, so after 20mins of looking :teeth: I turned off.....

This is very dangerous since had she of bought something and typed in card number id have full access to it... Not good, not that im that kind of person but now im thinking what was it on her server that she had that was so open and what the hell is duelroam. :scare:

Where does she live? :ninja:

Next time get pics!

Next time get pics!

you perve :teeth:

finally got the electronics I'll be using to hook up the steering wheel controls to the carputer:

http://www.madhacker.org/carbuttons.htm

hope to get it installed at the weekend so I can show it off on Sunday evening!

Sounds interesting, let us know how it goes. Would be interested to hook up my steering wheel controls to my carputer. That or to my HU, not sure yet.

One question you might be able to answer me. In my 53 reg glovebox, under the plate thing in the middle, I have a box stuck to it. Any idea what this is? I'm curious as to whether my Carnetix PSU is causing interferance with it as since putting my Carnetix in I seem to get more noise on the radio. Not sure if I need to rewire the power to the antenna or if its this box I'm interfering with or something else near the glovebox.

hmm yes I know the box you mean - and I am not really sure what it's for.. the car starts without it..

I reckon its probably the dreaded black box

about the line noise, just check that youre properly grounded on the carnetix and the radio - don't use a carnetix myself (m2) and havent had that problem.

There is an aerial amplifier in the back there somewhere, if that is it then it would explain the radio interference as having a power supply close to an RF signal will cause mucho interference.

From what I have seen in tech docs the antenna amp is further up near the rear strut brace.

I will try moving the PSU and see what difference that makes. It doesnt give a constant noise, just I seem to lose signal more often than I used to, hence thinking the antenna amp isnt getting enough power. Will need to have a play with the setup a bit more.

Any one know wha the other box in the glovebox is? It seems to have a fair few wires passing through it.