Bucket seats

Vlad

Alright everyone

Original plan was to get oem leather seats to replace my cloth ones...as prefer look of the leather ones! But then my mate got me into thinking about bucket seats...

Love bride seats...but deffo can't afford them:(

Anyone would recommend any other ones? OMP, Cobra, Sparco etc?

Prefer look of fixed ones...don't drive car every day, and I'm the only driver, so not bothered about moving seat...

Would be great for any advise

Thanks

I had OMP before, the specific seats were not great for tall people!

My mate had some Sparcos that were much more comfortable.

As you mentioned, Brides are quite fashionable in the car scene but cost a bomb! I would search eBay for a second hand set personally. Some nice glitter backs :p

Sorry mate, looking for aftermarket bucket seats now, not OEM! Thanks anyway

Dave...I'm 5"10, I guess that doesn't class as tall lol quite like Spaco Sprint V... Any feedback on them?

There is a set of "bride" seats on eBay, fake, but look exactly same, with all bride logos n that...£270 a piece...which is more expencive then some sparco or omp...and I'm wondering if they gonna b a good quality fake or not lol don't really wanna risk it tho lol

Right, start from scratch.

Not all buckets are the same, and if you're a bit chunky then you're going to struggle to fit into a lot of them. I don't mean superfat, just even a little podge can rule you out of the smaller ones: My Sparco Sprint V in the MX-5 is snug enough that when I had all my weight on I'd never have fit into it, and even at 5' 10" and 12st it's very snug. You need to have a good measure up, and even better you need to go and sit in a few. Demon Tweeks have plenty on display you can try out, so I'd suggest a road trip down there for the day as even if it costs you £50 in fuel it couls save you £1000 in buying the wrong seats. If you're anywhere near me you're welcome to try mine out for size.

Failing that, go and get them to send you one of their red Motorsport catalogues, they've got them all in there and with all the dimensions you could ever need. You can do the same on the website, but it's far more awkward.

• Like 1

Yea, good advice there...might have to go and visit demon tweeks!

Paddy...yea, love them seats...but not sure on their quality...might google it, to see if anyone had them and posted a review

Love the idea of little wales drive, but unfortunately I'm really busy with work at the moment and don't really have full day to spare:( will have to ask them to send me one if their catalogues!

Anyone else got any experience with other seats?

Saturdays?

Seriously, you're going to have to try some of these out before committing, I wouldn't dream of recommending a seat without it being tested first. Granted, I took a punt on the Sparco Sprint V but at the price I was paying for it and the usage of it in a track slag, I could take a gamble. If you're spending a good few hundred on something quality for the Zed, I'd definitely try before you buy :)

Might be worth popping to a local trackday near you if you get a chance and see what people are running there, bound to be at least a couple of different options.

Is this GPR? If you go, try and get some pics of the interior if you can, I've always wondered how it compares in size to DT and whether it would be worth me going there for a race suit and lid rather than Wrexham. :)

I've got a corbeau forza sport in my 350 and its quite comfy. I'm a smidge under 6ft 3 and its ok, I am very skinny though.

Corbeau also do 350z specific rails to keep it MOT legal as your seat now has to move forward and back into 2 or 3 different positions.

You can also get buddyclub 350z specific rails too.

I'm up at pod on the 13th April, so if you want to have a sit in mine you're more than welcome.

• Like 1

I bought my office chair bucket seat from them. Unless it's one of the proper seats i.e. Recaro, I wouldn't buy any of their knock offs. Just saying. ;)

Is the chair any good? I've been after the RS6 style one for a while.

I bought one of these. Cheap, poor stitching and quality of leather, great colours, seat is very comfy. For a cheapy office chair it's fine, no way would I put it anywhere posh or near a car though.

Put it this way, I haven't bought a matching one for my office at home yet.

I bought one of these. Cheap, poor stitching and quality of leather, great colours, seat is very comfy. For a cheapy office chair it's fine, no way would I put it anywhere posh or near a car though.

Put it this way, I haven't bought a matching one for my office at home yet.

Cheap office chair, flurk me! What do you do again Dan?