tyre choice

sparkyc

I've got Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's on mine at the moment, the tread pattern looks cool but I'm afraid that's about it, got about 9k out of them so far and the remaining grip is virtually non-existent, Michelin PS2's for me next I think.

I've got Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's on mine at the moment, the tread pattern looks cool but I'm afraid that's about it, got about 9k out of them so far and the remaining grip is virtually non-existent, Michelin PS2's for me next I think.

Thought they were top rated on here.

Maybe I was being harsh, I do like the Vred's, but they've not worn well and I've had a few moments on the roundabout where I've taken them up to what I thought was within their limit of traction, but they broke away on two seperate occasions. I guess it's about testing the limit of any tyre so you know how far you can push them.

Well said.

Aw fine then :dry: lol... they wanted budgetish decent tyres. They'll still do you fine unless your keen to exploit the laws of physics to the very ..very fullest. Mines certainly get used and have never cause an issue with grip, stopping etc even in the cold. Shoot me down why don't ya..... lol

• Like 1

Falkens are alright but definitely do not have much purchase in the winter. They're not death traps but (for me at least) make pushing on when it's really cold and damp more tense than I think it should be.

I had new falkens all round in November so not much experience of them on dry warm days but at this point I'd be tempted to switch MSS next time i'm ready for a full set.

Falkens are alright but definitely do not have much purchase in the winter. They're not death traps but (for me at least) make pushing on when it's really cold and damp more tense than I think it should be.

I had new falkens all round in November so not much experience of them on dry warm days but at this point I'd be tempted to switch MSS next time i'm ready for a full set.

Ive had MPPS on since Jan and they are fantastic in the cold/wet a big improvement over the 2 sets of REO50s I had previously

• Like 1

Thank you Dave! lol Some of us are not demented on having the 'perfect' everything lol. As long as it keeps me out a ditch, grips stops and gos ok its good for me. Plus as said a lot of people have used them and I know there dead so ill give the 453's a go when needed. I don't spare my tyres an easy time...put it that way and the Falkens have done it good. Anyway that'll do from me before I get shot down again... :ninja:

Don't get me wrong I would never have put falkens on my Zed, i coughed up the extra for better tyres, but I know 2/3 very close mates on here that did fit them and rated them quite highly and as far as I know none of them have died in a Zed fireball so calling them $hite is a bit harsh imo

I would recommend spending the extra on MPPS but if thats not an option then fair enough, some people have stretched themselves to run a car like a Zed, to some others it is just a plaything

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Nissan/350z.htm

Found this.

I've got Avon ZZ3s which seem fine. I think they may be discontinued though as ZZ5s are now out.

For a very brief period I had new ZZ3s on the rear with Bridgestones on the front and it really upset the handling. I then fitted the fronts with ZZ3 and immediately sorted the problem :)

Edited by KurtB

I don't run them because I'm a tight arse I run them because I like them I don't see a problem with them in the wet or cold, obviously there is going to be less grip in wet or cold conditions but you should drive accordingly anyway. Even driving the cat very fast they have never let me down I think that other brands of tyres are just overpriced just because of the name stamped on them.

I don't run them because I'm a tight arse I run them because I like them I don't see a problem with them in the wet or cold, obviously there is going to be less grip in wet or cold conditions but you should drive accordingly anyway. Even driving the cat very fast they have never let me down I think that other brands of tyres are just overpriced just because of the name stamped on them.

To be fair, I thought the same about the 452's; I never had a problem with them and thought they were more than adequate. I recently needed some new front tyres and would have gone for 452's again had they not been discontinued, however when I failed to find any in the right size I opted for MPSS and they are noticeably soooooo much better (just don't tell Ekona I'm running mixed tyres, albeit temporarily :p) . That's not to say the 452's are now $hite in my opinion, but I'm certainly converted to the MPSS from now on.