New car, again!!!

stuarty

Brilliant. So not only have you spent more money on another depreciating asset, but you've also bought a car that's actually smaller than the one you felt claustrophobic and camp as a row of pink tents in. I'm going to set up a BMW dealership near you, I'd make an absolute fortune.

Look, I'm only half taking the mick here and it's your money and if you're happy with the car, it really doesn't matter what I think at all. Hell, I spent a small fortune on the 911 and it's still a depreciating stone, but I love it more than anything else I can possibly think of. If you feel the same about a previous gen mid-spec Z4, then I'm honestly pleased for you. It's a funny way of getting yourself into a Zed though, you have to admit.

:scare: Hope mrs Ekona doesn't see this :shrug:

I thought about the old model Z4 before getting the Zed, they're about the same price and the Z4 is much much less girly than the Z3, but there is something about the Zed that just screams at me and makes it a more masculine car. I don't know if it's the huge fat ass, or the fact that it's a coupe rather than a drop top, or even if it's easier/cheaper to modify than a Z4, but I haven't even looked at the MK1 since. Now the MK2, thats another story, it's beautiful in Alpine white and looks pretty aggressive, but the only problem is the price for me and the fact that the only ones reasonably affordable to me have baby engines.

The last thing to note is this forum, not just the fact that many members with much more experience than I have said it's the best car forum they've been on, but most people are pretty honest when it comes to other cars. It's not a "it's not a Zed so its @*!#" type of forum, but lots of people flame the Z4 and praise many many other cars, so I'm pretty certain it something I should stay away from.

Main thing is you like it and you're happy with it, though. :D

• Like 1

it isn't another one of Ricey's cast off's is it?

Sounds like the same spec he couldnt wait to get shut of :lol:

In all seriousness the Z4 was on my list when looking for a 2 seat roadster but there is no chance I could fit in one, 6'3 (IIRC) and bigger boned shall we say... :boxing::blush::lol:

On the same note I sat in a 370 Coupe last year and it felt a little too "snug" compared to a 350 Roadster...i havent sat in a 350 coupe though so not sure if the 70 is smaller over all.

Look forward tothe pics of the beemer though

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

How do these compare with the Zed? This was one of my other contenders when I bought my 350Z.

Ive had both 350z gt and now Z4. TBH both are 2 seaters and both can be had in coupe and roadster. The 350z defo is alot more spacious and comfortable compared to the z4. I would probably say the 350z is the better alround car and better as an everyday drive.

But as i had bought a brand new 320i sport plus which cost the earth, i would have lost a fortune trading it in so new for a 350Z. But i got a great trade in against the Z4 from bmw. So i'll probably drive the Z4 for a year or so then sell it private and buy another 350Z.

BMW ended up giving me £3700 more trade in than anywhere else offered me, so i can take a lose on the Z4 when the time comes to sell it.

Also the Z4 has always been on my list anyway.

The only negative about the 350Z is the rad tax and fuel consumption which i have halved with the Z4 but as someone will point out im sure, ive lost a fair wake of performance. But i dont care because im as happy as a pig in @*!# just now!

• Like 1

How do these compare with the Zed? This was one of my other contenders when I bought my 350Z.

Ive had both 350z gt and now Z4. TBH both are 2 seaters and both can be had in coupe and roadster. The 350z defo is alot more spacious and comfortable compared to the z4. I would probably say the 350z is the better alround car and better as an everyday drive.

But as i had bought a brand new 320i sport plus which cost the earth, i would have lost a fortune trading it in so new for a 350Z. But i got a great trade in against the Z4 from bmw. So i'll probably drive the Z4 for a year or so then sell it private and buy another 350Z.

BMW ended up giving me £3700 more trade in than anywhere else offered me, so i can take a lose on the Z4 when the time comes to sell it.

The only negative about the 350Z is the rad tax and fuel consumption which i have halved with the Z4 but as someone will point out im sure, ive lost a fair wake of performance. But i dont care because im as happy as a pig in @*!# just now!

Don't blame you then if you got a good trade in. Few things are more painful than losing a shedload more than you imagined when selling a car (I should know).

Half the running costs?! Starting to wish I'd got one instead, might not have had to sell it. OK, maybe not as quick in a straight line, but round the corners, nowt in it I'd wager, and I doubt it has half the performance either, it'll probably only be a tad slower particularly to 60.

Edited by TameRacingDriver

Don't blame you then if you got a good trade in. Few things are more painful than losing a shedload more than you imagined when selling a car (I should know).

Half the running costs?! Starting to wish I'd got one instead, might not have had to sell it. OK, maybe not as quick in a straight line, but round the corners, nowt in it I'd wager, and I doubt it has half the performance either, it'll probably only be a tad slower particularly to 60.

TBH, there's not much in it 0-60 etc but the 350z felt more powerful. The Z4 feels more grounded, maybe because its a smaller car. Also there's not much in the dealers servicing costs etc. suppose its just down to what you want.

The new Z4 now comes in a 20i, dont think its slow, because its a twin scrol turbo. This boosts performance but also returns 38 mpg and road tax is £100ish per year. Also its a hard top convertible. Its also available as a 28i with same 2.0l engine but tunned better and there's the 35i and 35is which are animals.