Stuff to do!

gringo

Ok.......so I've now taken delivery of my zed, not even had chance to take it for a drive due to work.

But I have a couple of questions that may speed things up for me.

My key fob doesn't lock the car with the button...what battery does it take? I can perhaps get one ordered while still at work. If that is the cause, any other suggestions to try would also be good.

Secondly had a quick look at the exhaust....it says "pro racing" on the tail pipe...anybody know anything about this exhaust?

I knew this when I purchased the car but it has a few stone chip marks on the front bumper.....I think I'll get this resprayed, any rough Idea of the cost of doing so? Also while I'm planning this I may consider replacing it with another style, again looking for suggestions.

Finally I've got my spacers and badges in place ready to do at the weekend before starting the task of giving it a good clean.

Cheers

Jon

media3.jpg

Edited by gringo

Zed ownwership day 1

Feeling frustrated already.............Ref my keyless entry.

So, the car will not open the keyless entry, no respone whatsoever. Using the key I open the car, that sets the alarm in motion. Gettng in and the car will start and the alarm goes off. Would having the car battery off cause this? Loses it's memory? I'm only guessing, but was wondering if when serviced, checked over etc before buying it, the company caused it? I have a keycode card. Maybe a drive to nissan is required.....or some advice from you guys!

As for the exhaust it's called "Jasma" I'll add some pics.......I know nothing about it apart from it sounds good, twin pipes.

My car done that once. Itl do it all the time if you open it using the key. As for the exhaust jasma isnt the make its an organisation in japan to do with how loud it is and i think a quality control thing too. I bet its a bloody good exhaust if its jasma approved. Someone on here not long ago cleaned theirs up and it turned out to be worth a small fortune

Well after the embarrassment of the alarm going off in a busy car park i got away as soon as possible lol. When i got home i tried the lock and unlock button again and it worked so just lucky i guess. Maybe the batteries came loose or has went dead. Id start with replacing that if i were you

Hey Keiran......thanks for that.. I've just looked on the net.....yes thats the one, type face on the "pro racer" is the same. Looks the same too. So A 5sigen pro racer it is. Now I'll be looking into it, find out whether it is a good one.

Cheers

Jon

I had the same key problem when i bought my Zed. It locked/unlocked fine at the dealer but when i got home it wouldnt work. Changed the batteries and that did'nt workeither ; had to take it back and get them paired to the car again. It cost around £40 but was covered by the warranty i had.

Its really annoying having a new car and the alarm going off everytime you get in. Hope you get yours sorted

LOL....Wasso......the irony is not lost as I'm eating a twix as I read this, so our deal has fallen through!!!!

I love the sound the Zed makes, it has a wolf pop charger fitted too. I haven't stopped smiling!

It's booked in at the local nissan garage at the end of next week to get the key sorted......I'll just have to put up with the alarm until then!

First on my list this weekend is to fit the wheel spacers.....25 rear 20 front.

Spacers fitted last night! A nice simple starter mod that has made a big difference to the appearance, I'll post some pics later today, but I have more important things to do......like take it out for a spin and test them!!! Haha!