Headlight Washers

mattfinch

Hi all

I was just wondering is there any way you can turn the headlight washers of when you wash the windscreen with the lights on. It is very annoying when you have washed the car and driving along the road and you need to clean the windscreen and then the headlight washers spray the whole car lol. Or would I need to just whip of the bumper and disconnect it from there,

Many thanks

i had forgot about the light washers and went to clear my windscreen, it sprayed the whole car with screenwash and the cop car behind me :lol: . i then got pulled over for a "random" stop and search. They checked all my tyres and had all the cubby holes open. luckily i knew my car was ok as it had just been through its MOT the day before. thank god they didnt check the cats :lol:

Dam, just filled my washer bottle with a very good quality screen wash, it's got alcohol to stop it freezing, wonder if this will be bad for the paint,did not know they were even there till I pressed the button thinking it was fog lamps whilst checking out the new z, bloody soaked the whole car, smells nice.

whats IPA? we used to use just water in the van but it was terrible :lol:

Iso propyl alcohol, used to be the main ingredient in washer anti-freeze and it wont go solid till at least -50. It meant that the washer bottle and pipes never froze and maybe more importantly that none of the pipes split or came away in the headlining :scare: . It does evaporate at the nozzles but it's relatively easy to unfreeze it.

Pete

Dam, just filled my washer bottle with a very good quality screen wash, it's got alcohol to stop it freezing, wonder if this will be bad for the paint,did not know they were even there till I pressed the button thinking it was fog lamps whilst checking out the new z, bloody soaked the whole car, smells nice.

I was getting out of the car to fill up once, forgot to push the flap release so lent back in to push it and got the wrong button. Hey presto, me getting a face full of screen wash and the pump attendant creased over laughing. Funnily though, I've never forgotten to push the button whilst I'm still in the car since!

• Like 2

I was getting out of the car to fill up once, forgot to push the flap release so lent back in to push it and got the wrong button. Hey presto, me getting a face full of screen wash and the pump attendant creased over laughing. Funnily though, I've never forgotten to push the button whilst I'm still in the car since!

Haha this did make me laugh, This is another reson I want to unplug these washers. Also when I go to turn my traction control of I always press the other button and bang car is sprayed again

Lots of posts on here about headlight washers..could not agree more

they are a pain in the ass several times I had to clean the car again, covered in streaky washer fluid,

They will only work with the lights on, must be a way of bye passing them. :scare: :scare:

Would LOVE some sort of button to stop them. Found out the hard way by putting too much antifreeze in and it sprays the whole front in white dots...awesome :dry: Eventually ran it out shove nothing but water in ... i can live with them not working until unforzen lol