Just joined and quick question

Fisherking

Hi everyone

I pick up my new 350Z on Sat. V excited :D and thought would be a good idea to join this forum :wave:

Its a 2006 300 GT version in Silver - I'm afraid it was love at 1st sight. Had been dreaming of getting one for so long now and when I noticed my local garage had one in with "the" spec I wanted resistance was futile :D

I have read around abit and see that the JWT Pop Charger seems to be a "must have" upgrade. I am finding references to it fitting Zeds upto 2006. Would that include my "facelift" model?

Also where do you guys buy them from, I am struggling to source from within the UK (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place).

Thanks for any help

Matt

Wouldn't say its a "must have" upgrade, would get better performance figure from the standard air box with velocity stack mod

Pop charger just makes noise

what he said.... its generally accepted that the standard airbox with a high flow filter will give the best performance especially on the later facelift model. that said the induction noise from a pop charger is nice and the performance difference really wont be noticed so i guess its up to you as to what you want.

the MUST have mod is a stubby Aerial :teeth:

PM steve at Redline

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62006-350z-honda-rdx-stubby-aerials-in-stock/

oh and may i be the first to say

:worthless:

;)

Thanks guys.

It was the sound I was after rather than performance. Bearing that in mind would there be much more of an "enhancement" in sound with a pop charger compared to the standard airbox with a different filter?

The you tube vids only seem to allow comparison with the pre-facelift model

Cheers

Matt

Ok I spent most of yesterday evening using the forum Search facility and reading as much as I could about the various intakes. I have a couple of questions I couldn't find the answer to though so if anyone would be so kind to help clarify a few things I would appreciate it:

Why does the JWT Pop Charger enhance the sound?

I initially thought it was due to the fact that it is sucking the air from a larger area i.e no air box. However I note that the K & N Typhoon also has a similar effect (though from what I've read it's not quite as vocal as the JWT) yet this has an airbox.

Relating to the above why then would the '06 airbox with an "upgraded" panel filter not enhance the sound also?

Is it mainly due to the fact the JWT and K&N both use cone filters? or is it something else?

As my Zed already has the '06 box would it be possible to fit a cone filter into this box or maybe buying one of those Takeda one's Tarmac has on offer and use the existing '06 box with it's velocity stack. Anyone tried this?

I have ordered a stubbly aerial from Redline Steve so I do listen to you guys :D

Thanks

Matt