The importance of IronX

350 Russ

A few weeks ago i had to change my boot struts, the only way i could get them off was to grind them off. After i was finished i washed the car down to get rid of all the metal swarf from the grinder.

this morning i noticed the entire rear half of my zed had tiny spots of rust, i hadn't given it a clay or used IronX like i should have. so out came the X and this is how it looked when working.

EE661B84-A07A-438A-9FE7-D3DEB75C81E3-6640-000002AF0BECB9A7_zps66b60500.jpg

:scare:

its all good now.

Moral of the story, do it properly first time

Maybe do it before and after just to be sure? :headhurt:

Certainly shows the kind of fallout you get around metalworking. My old Zeds used to live at Slough train station car park and after a few months the paint would feel horrible. If I did as you did with Iron X it would have likely looked the same. Made the clay bar earn its keep!

Use it before claying not after, once clayed aswell you really feel the difference in smoothness and then once polished as sealed you'll really notice the depth and gloss in the finish, certainly is that way for azure and my last car an avus blue e36

• Like 1

You work this stuff in with a microfibre, or just splash it all over like a bit of Brut?

It comes in a spray bottle so just squirt it on, give it a couple of minutes, I then aggravate it with a detailing brush then wash it off, make sure you use a hose or pressure washer though. I wouldn't fancy missing any and leaving it on there