Sumps

evilscorp

Got the AAM spacer and oil cooler increasing my oil capacity to almost 7l. Oil temps are perfect and my consumption has reduced and the oil seem to look healthier.

APS will be my choice if you need to get a baffled sump but I am warty of how it slight hangs out and the width....... I bad hit and you are in ...... :scare:

Depends what you want to spend one other option would be to get an OE sump from a scrappy and baffle it yourself or get a local fabricators to baffle it for you?

Just some plate drilling, cutting and a spot of welding.

Just a thought.

Depends what you want to spend one other option would be to get an OE sump from a scrappy and baffle it yourself or get a local fabricators to baffle it for you?

Just some plate drilling, cutting and a spot of welding.

Just a thought.

Its more to aid cooling, baffles are just a plus really but thanks for the idea, spacer and weld baffles would be good, not really needing extra pick up or oil drain holes so probably aiming at stillen or a spacer. Thanks everyone for the input. :)

What's the fit like on the stillen ones?

Never had any complaints, Darren B on here has one along with a few others, they are not compatible with twin throttle Zeds though

Am I missing something here? How is the sump connected to the throttle bodies? Or do the later cars have a different type of sump? :wacko:

What's the fit like on the stillen ones?

Never had any complaints, Darren B on here has one along with a few others, they are not compatible with twin throttle Zeds though

Am I missing something here? How is the sump connected to the throttle bodies? Or do the later cars have a different type of sump? :wacko:

Later cars have different sump.

Google it. From what it looks like acusump is a clever bit of kit. But it looks expensive.

An accusump is completely unnecessary on a standard engined road car. If you have a forged precision race engine with very tight tolerances I could understand the need for pre oiling with an accusump.

Also worth mentioning that the OEM sump is baffled too. Just above the pick up is a baffling plate and the sump design also stop oil starvation on cornering etc. you will need to run slicks to be anywhere near to uncover the pick up and have oil starvation.

Increasing oil capacity and cooling is more important for our usage.

I thought thats why people upgrade due to cornering hard causes starvation on the OEM sump? Surely a thermostatic oil cooler would be more beneficial than a larger capacity sump? If cooling is the only concern

Cost and space (or lack of at the front bumper area), also I live in Scotland so oil cooler is probably ott for what I will use it for.

I have the JWT Oil pan spacer fitted for extra volume. This was perfect for road use (oil temps between 70 and 110*C) but not sufficient for track, My oil hit 138*C after just 3 laps of Snetterton last year!

If you are going to go on track you will need to fit an oil cooler or at least a oil temp gauge so you can ease off when your oil is too hot.

You will need a thermostatic one to prevent the oil from running too cold on the road.

As Bennet says, a baffled sump is not really necessary.