Worn Belts

WhackyWill

I was just checking the oil on my Zed today when I noticed some cracking

on the belt on the bottom pully, see photo, car a 2006 350Z GT Uk spec with 80,000 miles.

Looks like the belts may never have been changed.

Is the cracking serious or it it common and the belts themselves are OK. ?

I was just checking the oil on my Zed today when I noticed some cracking

on the belt on the bottom pully, see photo, car a 2006 350Z GT Uk spec with 80,000 miles.

Looks like the belts may never have been changed.

Is the cracking serious or it it common and the belts themselves are OK. ?

Sorry it didnt upload the photo will try again...!!!

It needs changing. Irrespective of age or mileage, if it starts to crack or lose chunks like that, it is past it's servicable life. Probably best to do both on the DE engined cars whilst you are there, as you are unsure on the history. For others reading, HR engine cars only have one belt.

Easy enough DIY job to change them. Don't mention it to Dave-350 though, as his very recently snapped. Fortunately neither he or his Zed were damaged.

I wont ..was this after he fitted the new ones...or was it the old ones that snapped..? :scare: :scare:

Just had mine changed by Sly @ Kaizer Motors as mine were cracked

Main benefit is peace of mind :) defo worth changing for the sake of £40-£50

Is that the cost of the labour..? Thanks. :thumbs:

Cost of the belts mate, they were off anyway due to getting power steering pump changed so no labour charge

Cost of the belts mate, they were off anyway due to getting power steering pump changed so no labour charge

Thanks ..What do you think labour would be to fit them when I get them from Alex..? :scare:

Thanks ..What do you think labour would be to fit them when I get them from Alex..? :scare:

Only take an hour at very most, so 1 hours charge depending on where you take it

Easily done yourself

Use a pair of tights Whacko lol.

You know you want to!

It's proberbly 1 hre labour plus VAT if that helps:)

Not for the tights though!

Last time I used a pair of tights they were over my head...!!!

How do you think I paid CASH for my Zed...!!! :not_me:

So Will, this evening we've learnt that you paid for your Zed with stolen money and filled her up with fuel paid for with back-handed cash to a tanker driver!

Alex, I'd double and triple check that bank transfer before you send Will any belts mate... :p

So Will, this evening we've learnt that you paid for your Zed with stolen money and filled her up with fuel paid for with back-handed cash to a tanker driver!

Alex, I'd double and triple check that bank transfer before you send Will any belts mate... :p

Don't forget he was wearing a pair of tarts tights at the time

Nissan's official time for replacing belts(one or both) is 0.5 hour on both type of engines. So example with our £55+VAT/hour labour you are looking at £33 inc.VAT. If you have anything else done like P3 service or steering pump, alternator or pulley replaced you will get it cheaper or can be even free ;)

• Like 1

Nissan's official time for replacing belts(one or both) is 0.5 hour on both type of engines. So example with our £55+VAT/hour labour you are looking at £33 inc.VAT. If you have anything else done like P3 service or steering pump, alternator or pulley replaced you will get it cheaper or can be even free ;)

Thanks Kaizer. Appreciate that, but your just a bit too far from me..I live in North London.