Is my Exhaust Standard?

Ewan27

Hi everyone. I was wandering if someone could tell me if this exhaust fitted to my GT4 is standard or not?

Exhaust_2_zps858991dd.jpg

Exhaust_1_zpsa4a1c2b2.jpg

Thanks!

Well this intrigued me a bit so done some digging for ya. ......

Looking at your pics, although very dirty :thumbdown: you can make out the burnt titanium colouring...... A bit of digging later .....and........

I'm pretty sure your back box is a rare 'Mines Silence VX Pro Titan' :#1: 100% Titainium and circa $3000 to buy!!!

Of course I may be wrong, but Id give it a clean and look for some markings somewhere, but its looking good. :thumbs:

SILENCE-VX_P_Ti_Z33_3_250.jpg

http://www.ppi-mines.com/350Z.html

Edited by Sam Mcgoo

If I knew I potentially had a Mines Titan on the car, I'd be getting the fine wire wool and Autosol out ASAP!!!!!!!

Yea I was thinking that, especially in that state! Lol!

I bet it looks smart polished up, never had the experience in polishing titanium though.

The other way to work out if its titanium is to take it off and pick it up... Titanium is VERY lightweight!

Edited by Dave-350

Try putting paper over the badge and get a charcoal rubbing?

Yea good idea!

It looked like EASSA or EASZA :S

JASMA makes sense though I guess as this is the stamp the japs use to pass certain tests, like an E certificate! :p

The 038 represents Mainzuueibu Inc.

The association was formed to keep the Japanese governement from driving tuning companies out of business. By coming together they were able to get governement sactioning for their exhaust products. Meaning during the shaken (Japanese inspection) the car won't be faulted for having an unauthorized part. They also ensure production quality, train/certify exhaust personel, and stop false claims in advertising. Not all exhaust systems are JASMA stamped meaning they are usually circuit systems, however certain circuit systems are JASMA certified.

Edited by Dave-350

I've tried to clean up the image

jasma_1_zps176b9bda.jpg

It looks a lot like this logo for Jasma

jasma_zpsfaa62365.jpg

JAMSA is an association that was formed to keep the Japanese governement from driving tuning companies out of business. By coming together they were able to get governement sactioning for their exhaust products. Meaning during the shaken (Japanese inspection) the car won't be faulted for having an unauthorized part. They also ensure production quality, train/certify exhaust personel, and stop false claims in advertising. Not all exhaust systems are JASMA stamped meaning they are usually circuit systems, however certain circuit systems are JASMA certified.

Ah sorry I understand now, you mean the picture of the clean exhaust :)

Yea sorry!

I have been reading that some of the manufacturers names are the long winded abbreviation of some well known tuning manufacturers! I cant find **** all yet on Mainzuueibu though.