Fuel release button...pushed inside!

Louisa911

Hello! Forgot to mention that when filling up the new Zed when I collected it, it had 20 miles remaining so had to put £5 of regular unleaded to get me far enough down the motorway to the services. This was all fine, put a fiver in and drove off. Then came to fill up with Super on the motorway, pressed the fuel release button and it pushed right through the dash and inside, leaving me with a big hole, only just large enough to fit a few fingers through and feel the wires and switch flapping around inside!

Wasn't even a firm push!

Had a fumble around there and then but no way to get it back out and into place easily. Need to have a proper look this evening.

Seen its happened to someone before with a newer roadster after a quick google, who said something about having to remove the OBDII plug which was a pain in the bum.

Will some trim or dash need to come off to rectify this?

Thanks!

You will lose some skin of the knuckles but it is possible to get your hand behind the facia and push the button back through. Only takes a couple of mins

Cheers mike- is this from below? As in, stick your arm up through the underside of the dash?

Cars at home today and can't for the life of me picture what that area looks like properly!

Thanks a lot

I'm a mountain biker... overly strong braking fingers :lol:

Awaits the "what bike racks fit the Zed" question :lol:

I never knew about the dodgy fuel release button, so thanks for bringing it to my/our attention Louisa. :thumbs: Gonna be extra careful now....

ue

You will lose some skin of the knuckles but it is possible to get your hand behind the facia and push the button back through. Only takes a couple of mins

Cheers mike- is this from below? As in, stick your arm up through the underside of the dash?

Cars at home today and can't for the life of me picture what that area looks like properly!

Thanks a lot

yeah just go from underneath, you can reach underneath and aroudn the back to get the button and push it back through

Put £80 of Shell V-power in, not paying motorway service station prices ever again unless in emergency! :scare: Think I got just under 50 litres. Guess thats not TOO bad!

Fingers crossed we can work that switch back in, will let you know what happens. Locktite is a good idea thanks

• Like 1

Put £80 of Shell V-power in, not paying motorway service station prices ever again unless in emergency! :scare: Think I got just under 50 litres. Guess thats not TOO bad!

Fingers crossed we can work that switch back in, will let you know what happens. Locktite is a good idea thanks

I get 56 ltrs of Tesco Momentum 99 for £79 that's £1-40 per litre. Motorway sServices are a complete rip off for fuel prices.

I get 56 ltrs of Tesco Momentum 99 for £79 that's £1-40 per litre. Motorway sServices are a complete rip off for fuel prices.

Wow. I'm paying £1.50 pl for V Power up here

Where do you fill up?! It's 1.46 for normal fuel round here!