Tyre info - Urgent

AMT

Right I'm at work, noticing one of my rears not holding air too well passed 1 day and I've got an early finish....so off to a local to check for a puncture and see if it can be repaired...if not new tyre (s...probably).

Problem is they don't supply Falkens (I don't know why ...stupid lol)

Can someone give me 1 or 2 different tyres (exact make) that are decent and of the same sort of price range (been quoted elsewhere around £142 fitted for FK452/3's at the rear) so I can check if they can supply. Cheers much!!

PS. Finish work 3:30 so before that would be helpful lol

EDIT - MUST have a solid sidewall like the Falkens. Don't want squashy looking tyres (personal preference lol)

Thanks again!

Edited by AMT

I'm getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports fitted today on the rears, supposedly excellent tyres- cost me about £135 plus VAT, will work out about £160 per tyre I think. Thats at my partners garage but they do only make a couple of quid a tyre so I expect they'd be similar price for you too.

I've also heard the Toyo T1-R are similar to the Falkens but a bit softer.

(mine currently has Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas on front and rear but they may have been discontinued now? been informed these are also great but reasonably priced tyres if you can get them still)

Or Bridgestone Potenza RE050s? Mixed reviews on these!

Edited by Louisa911

EDIT - MUST have a solid sidewall like the Falkens. Don't want squashy looking tyres (personal preference lol)

Squashy looking tyres? That's a new one on me! All tyres with the same size profile will look the same, unless they're a particularly good brand like Michelin or Bridgestone that have rim protection on them. Even then, one wouldn't look more squashy than the other ;) Also, 452s have soft sidewalls, which is why you need to up the pressure slightly when running them.

Crazy idea, but if you get on Camskill NOW, you could order a single tyre to be delivered there tomorrow, and just run on the spare until then. Surely that's the best idea, and saves you money too? Please don't make me break into a rant about mixed tyres again, I've been so good lately :(

T1Rs and 452s are dead tyres now, you're only prolonging the inevitable if you can find one in those sizes. VUS are gone too, so I'd go with the RE050A if you want a decent sidewalled tyre but without the cost of the MPSS.

• Like 1

What I meant is, I've seen tyres at their correct pressure and still look like they need pumped up. Anyway... wouldn't mix tyres on the same axle but I don't mind having the 2 front diff to the 2 rear as long as there decent. I can get the falkens (next day delivery) from the other place I know but its a bit out the way to get to and its fairly busy. So gonna try my usual and try for a repair first. Generally if I can't get a repair and the treads not exactly new I'll replace both. :shrug:

Thanks for the help also guys!

Edited by AMT

Thank the lord, phoned Coopers (the place I usually go and where face to face someone said simply...we don't do them...useful...) but I've just phoned and spoke to a nice lady and they CAN order them in next day delivery...yass! She did suggest other tyres (she was very good!) also and one was Toyos, but I couldn't make out what she was saying Toyo PX C1F or something. lol?? anyone anyideas... (it wasn't T1R she said anyway)