Big cat lurking behind the Z...

Lanky

DSCF0708_zpsa2001df7.jpg

Had one of these amazing machines (my favourite saloon) for a whole weekend back in Jan. Unfortunate in one way that it made the Z now feel a bit slow ! :dry:

Loved it though....pure opulence, and a weekend of free fuel at that. You kinda need it with a 5L supercharged V8. So much better all round than the XF in my view.

• Like 1

was that the XFR? very nice car, wouldn't mind an XF as a family car in a few years. would love the XJ but they are a bit more pricey

+1.....I've been eyeing SV8's up, I've reconcilied the image thing - the only thing against it is that RS4's are in the same price-range :D

Jag was before Aston ;) at least on the db7

Correct. There was to be a Jag prototype that never happened...then the design was taken in and became the Aston. I can't remember the project code as I'm still doped up from being ill, but I'll ask around the office, one of the odl boys will know.

Luckily not my house! That one there has a team of jack russell terriers that like to yap whenever one of the (many) rudeboys in their 206s with massive exhausts drive by...lovely when you're trying to sleep.

When I get home I'll upload a couple of pics of the interior (not great and don't show much) but you'll see what was nice. Obviously as I'm sure we can all appreciate I'm not putting the videos onto the internet.... :innocent:

Lovely to drive. Took it and the mrs up to york, just as it chucked it down with snow. Was like I'd slept the whole way. Seats adjustable in every possible manner....nice temperature to the heated steering wheel, multi-zone climate, seat massager etc etc. Shame that the guy who keeps it running is a pleb. I saw him when i dropped it off and mentioned "you know the steering's off by 20° or so.."

"yeah, it probably is...". Tut Tut.

Only other thing was it was a left hooker. But I didn't care...it was awesome.

Anyone who's seen those nitrous scenes in fast and furious films etc will know what it's like when you stick your foot down in that!!!

Dads friend is a big fan of those jags. He knows his way around car auctions and managed to pick up a 2 year old car with less than 20k on the clock for 15k. He loves it ut is not a fan of the handbrake

They're not great, but generally if you leave it alone it sorts itself out. Worst that can happen is a tiny slop forward once you've turned it all off.

Edited by Lanky