Respray

Jetpilot

Give us a bit more info...pics of your car etc.

It's an expensive thing to do if you want it done right and obviously affects resale.

Yes i know buddy, my last 3 rx7's were resprayed, the guy who does my paintwork is top notch, one of them was magazine featured so hopefully that speaks volumes for his abilities.

I am really interested in one, maybe 2 of the original colours which is limiting my buying options and it seems some colours are a fair bit cheaper.

Its just out of curiosity as to what z owners think :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Think about what? :D

If you had 3 resprays you'll know more than us lot!

As for colours, maybe a black with a coloured flake. Renault black gold is one of my faves.

Ah like the Clio V6 :)

The cars i have sprayed are not in the 350z league though, they are older and where a colour change is accepted, sometimes almost preferred.

I am asking what are owners opinions of resprayed 350z's?

i had mine resprayed with same colour just had added fleck and pearl put init, theres a few bit if you look proper close but i paid 1600 for outside and door n boot shuts

If its the colour in your avatar pic then it looks really nice with the added fleck and pearl. Have you got any more photos? ;)

Don't worry about what people think mate. Just pick a colour you like and go with it! It's your car after all.

Its never bothered me in the past, but i have never had anything as new and nice as a Zed before :)

I have had mine painted twice. Some people like it now, some like it before, some dont like either. Its your car so do what you want and what you think will look good. search for cars in google painted in the colour you want and make a decision. There will always be people on here which wont like whatever you do and will not sugar coat their opions but you just have to ignore them and enjoy your car.

Don't worry about what people think mate. Just pick a colour you like and go with it! It's your car after all.

Its never bothered me in the past, but i have never had anything as new and nice as a Zed before :)

I have had mine painted twice. Some people like it now, some like it before, some dont like either. Its your car so do what you want and what you think will look good. search for cars in google painted in the colour you want and make a decision. There will always be people on here which wont like whatever you do and will not sugar coat their opions but you just have to ignore them and enjoy your car.

I am not a stranger to the non sugar coated opinions on forums, lol.

I have seen a handful of painted/vinyl wrapped in my search but not many, which led me to the question on opinions from z owners, is it seen as sacrilege or met with approval.

I guess colour will also have a bearing.

The actual factory colours are all pretty good, coming from rx7's i am positively spoiled, lol, :) hence why lots of people appreciate a newer nicer colour on rx7's.

Will have to see what colour i end up with, hopefully it will be my colour of choice (silverstone grey) as i would prefer to put the money towards the eventual fi route, unless of course its cheap enough to justify the change :)

Thanks all :)

Edited by Jetpilot

I'm super interested in this. I wanted a blue or black Zed but picked the car I felt was right, in GM, over the colours I felt were right. She's in for some respray action in the next fortnight to bring the original paintwork up to scratch, so to speak, after that I will consider a wrap to protect the new paint and see if I love the colour, then maybe a re-spray somewhere down the line. I'd like to see what you go for.

Personally if I was going to get a respray I'd get a unique colour. A lot of people say it will hold it's value better if you get a factory colour, and I hear what you're saying about getting a bargain for a less favourable colour, but if your gonna pay all that money may as well be unique. I take it the car will be modified?

Personally if I was going to get a respray I'd get a unique colour. A lot of people say it will hold it's value better if you get a factory colour, and I hear what you're saying about getting a bargain for a less favourable colour, but if your gonna pay all that money may as well be unique. I take it the car will be modified?

Sorry yes, if i were to get one in the "wrong" colour it would be sprayed something different to standard :)

Hopefully supercharged and suspension upgrades, but no wild bodykits etc., more of a sleeper, less is more and all that :)

Edited by Jetpilot