is this a good price? for bumper and bonnet spray

deankenny

So i just took my Zed to a local bodyshop who have a real good rep.

I have stone chips galore on my front bumper and part of the bonnet, they quoted me £480 inc vat for a complete respray of the front bumper and bonnet!

as ive not had much experience with prices and body repair or spraying wanted to know if this was a decent price? or what price would be decent.

Spraying isn't very expensive, it's the prep that is! Getting rid of the stone chips will take a keen eye and care. You can't just spray a pannel or the colours won't match, they have to blend the new colour into the old.

Also don't forget that the bonnet is huge, as is the front bumper too. Unfortunately bodywork isn't cheap :(

i have just been quoted £450 for a small repair to a Nismo bumper then a respray of the bumper and bonnet with 2 colours on the bumper ;)

with good shut lines line the side of the bonnet they dont always have to blend in the wings but it depends on how good the paint match is

I paid £400 for full front end respray (bonnet, bumper & front wings) due to stone chips. I think it was a great price & the guys did a fantastic job ! If i need anything done in the future, ill be going straight to them

fishandcar060.jpg

fishandcar064.jpg

fishandcar063.jpg

Cheers

Mark

I paid £400 for full front end respray (bonnet, bumper & front wings) due to stone chips. I think it was a great price & the guys did a fantastic job ! If i need anything done in the future, ill be going straight to them

fishandcar060.jpg

fishandcar064.jpg

fishandcar063.jpg

Cheers

Mark

I've heard that's a really hard colour to match! Looks spot on.