Simply awful

rob63

Sat here in my hotel in Korea I thought I'd flick through the TV channels, I came across Top Gear Korea...OMG :scare:

To be fair on 2 counts;

#1. I did start to watch it half way through with the Star In a Reasonably Priced Car, apart from Psy of Gangnam 'fame' (and that's questionable) can you name any Korean celebrities? Mmm...the programme is on exactly the same format but on a cheaper budget, I'd imagine you'd get change out of £500 per episode. Radio controlled cars in a quarry crashing through imitation caravans, of which there are none in Korea. Oh, and no eye candy in the front row ;)

#2. In retrospect, for all the above it was no worse than TG UK shown last weekend 17th. I turned that off, went into the kitchen and sat there watching my dog moult, far more entertaining :yawn:

This would have made good viewing, happened in 4th season filming.

"A serious incident occurred during filming of the fourth season, in which a helicopter crashed into the Arizona desert. As part of a racing sequence between a Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 and a Bell AH-1 Cobra helicopter, the car and the helicopter would race alongside each other to the finish line. During a practice run, as they they reached the finish line, the aircraft wheeled around 180° before impacting the ground. Nobody was seriously injured"

To be fair, but then we don't cook dogs in the UK :dry:, and I've not seen any being cooked out here..but then I've not seen any horses being cooked in the UK! :surrender: . We do however something in common with Korea, we drive cars ;) . The format just doesn't seem to work elsewhere, recently I've watched the American and the Australian (Stiggo) versions and they aren't as good, as vouched for by the yanks and aussies themselves!

The other thing is, the last UK episode didn't seem too good to me, shame 'cos I love it :thumbs:

Top Gear is one of the most watched programmes on TV, its entertainment. :thumbs:

Agreed "Top Gear is a British television show about motor vehicles, primarily cars, and is the world's most widely watched factual television programme" - quote from Wikipedia.

"British.." works here but not so well elsewhere, even Clarkson said so, but then he would! ;)