Ferodo ds2500

DanGPR

Recently did a track day at brands hatch after upgrading my brakes, however bit gutted as I have burned through a whole set of pads in less than a thousand miles, they are literally down to the backing material!

Anyone else noticed ds2500s not lasting very long? Tempted to pick up some stock brembo pads for 70 quid as the braking wasn't bad before.

DS 2500 pads are fine for fast road use and the occasional track day.

Was the track day at Brands a full day and was it open pit lane?

When at track it is essential you do your warm up laps and cool down laps and have circa 15 minute breaks every 10 or so laps depending on what track you are at.

If you just go out there and do not show any mechanical sympathy then you will burn out more than your brakes.

Alex. :)

Sorry for taking over this thread but seemed a bit pointless to start a new one.

How are the DS2500's on the road? I mean do they squeak every time you brake as that would bug the hell out of me.

I have a track day booked and need to change my pads before it. Want a good compromise of track day/commutable pads.

Currently rocking red stuffs which were on the car when i bought it. Quite impressed with them on the road but i imagine they couldn't handle the track!

DS2500's don't squeal as long as you put the copper paste on when fitting them. DS3000 however do squeal like a pig! :lol:

I've had good experience with Ferodo pads. Defo better then the yellow stuff. If you go hard with any pads then they won't last long at all...

DS2500's don't squeal as long as you put the copper paste on when fitting them. DS3000 however do squeal like a pig! :lol:

I've had good experience with Ferodo pads. Defo better then the yellow stuff. If you go hard with any pads then they won't last long at all...

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience the Yellow Stuff pads last longer than the DS2500s and produce less dust. But the DS2500 work better. We run DS2500s on our 350Z track car although they haven't had a full outing in anger yet but I'm on my 3rd set of Yellowstuff pads on my Leon Cupra R which is also a track car after running DS2500s on that too. Years ago I ran RedStuff pads on it (before the car was tuned) and they ate the discs! I have to say though, with the 350Z being such a heavy car I imagine the DS3000 should do well and last ok..... As long as you don't mind the noise ;)

In my experience the Yellow Stuff pads last longer than the DS2500s and produce less dust. But the DS2500 work better. We run DS2500s on our 350Z track car although they haven't had a full outing in anger yet but I'm on my 3rd set of Yellowstuff pads on my Leon Cupra R which is also a track car after running DS2500s on that too. Years ago I ran RedStuff pads on it (before the car was tuned) and they ate the discs! I have to say though, with the 350Z being such a heavy car I imagine the DS3000 should do well and last ok..... As long as you don't mind the noise ;)

The only thing I found with the Yellow Stuff was the rear pads were a tad to small and would clunk in the calliper when braking the first time after changing direction. Good pads though :thumbs: