Lower suspension arm bushess

Mc1

Just had the beast in for a service and MOT.

Failed MOT as the lower suspension arm bushes were worn and dealer says that the bushes can't be replaced , have to replace the whole arm 2@ £350 + each.

Could understand if the Z had high mileage but only done 21300 ish, is this a common problem or have I just been unlucky and do you think it's worth taking up with Nissan ?

Thanks.

It's unlikely to be ball joints on the banana bar at that mileage so go for the bushes first ... much cheaper !

Just in case I was misunderstood I wasn't saying it was the ball joints I was saying you can't replace the ball joints but you can replace the bushes - sorry if I confused :blush:

Edited by Keyser

It's unlikely to be ball joints on the banana bar at that mileage so go for the bushes first ... much cheaper !

Just in case I was misunderstood I wasn't saying it was the ball joints I was saying you can't replace the ball joints but you can replace the bushes - sorry if I confused :blush:

I knew what you meant ... your post was clear to me :)

ETA it's very unlikely that both ball joints fail at the same time and it's a very difficult fault to diagnose with the car on jacks ... I would be tempted to get a second opinion before I started spending lots of money

Edited by ATTAK Z

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately due to holiday and work commitments didn't have time to get the bushes at a realistic price and fit them myself.

Upshot is I've got 2 perfectly good arms ( and ball joints - only done 21 k at renewal) only need bushes replacing at a bargain price from ZMANALEX and good as new. If any good to you then no reasonable offer refused - collect or I can send.

Cheers

George

If you can buy the bushes and fit them yourself (or get them fitted) you could get a lot more for your old arms! Id love to be able to do this as I suspect mine need doing but don't know anyone local with the kit to just re-do the bushes, I suspect this is the same for a lot of members ;)

Good idea, bushes @ £38 from ZMANALEX I can get them pressed in at one of the engineering works I visit so should be able to make as slight profit and help someone out at the same time.