US Fi's

Jetpilot

theres still alot of supercharger installs in the states. im getting the supercharger because ive had the turbo cars and like you fancy a change. you will probably get more torque with the turbo set up. Ive also found that some of the americans run pretty unsafe setups. i seen on an american forum there was a guy running fi at over 500hp on stock injectors and fuel pump!

theres still alot of supercharger installs in the states. im getting the supercharger because ive had the turbo cars and like you fancy a change. you will probably get more torque with the turbo set up. Ive also found that some of the americans run pretty unsafe setups. i seen on an american forum there was a guy running fi at over 500hp on stock injectors and fuel pump!

From my time with rx7's its well discussed that american dyno results are notorious for over reading.

Their fuel is the same as ours, don't be fooled by their lower AKI octane units

Is correct. Their 87 is our 95, their 91 is our 98.

Turbos give you more shove, supercharger a smoother drive. I'd have the latter, but the former does give a massive grin.

I was chating to a guy with FI from the states and he said our fuel was better then theirs.

Who am I to argue!

If by better you mean twice the price, then he's right!

Nah same stuff, but it may be easier to find 99 RON here (Tesco, Shell etc), as premium is generally 91 AKI which is around 97 RON, so he may be referring to that.

I think I'd put up with he slightly lower octane for the price they pay though!

• 3 weeks later...