Sunday price chat :)

Jetpilot

So guys & girls, i have been scouring high and low this week and not surprised to see prices literally differing by £3k pounds for same spec, same year/model cars. Obviously i have not viewed in the flesh so cannot speak for overall condition, but none have looked hanging (although photos can be deceiving)

So with that in mind, let say take a 03 - 04 Average mileage to be 80 -100k or north of.

I know mileage depends a lot on its usage, if its sat on a motorway for 50% or more of its miles i would prefer an average mileage than one thats done 50k to 60k life being used in town.

So what kind of figure do you put on a lower mileage if you know its history, weekend/2nd car perhaps which has been well cared for.

I will say from my readings, 100k miles is nothing for one of these engines if well maintained.

The price varies between what its worth and what people think its worth. For an early zed, your looking around the 5k mark

Sure i get that, but not the question i am asking or talking about.

What value would be put a lower mileage.

Edited by Jetpilot

A bit jaded with the whole car market at the moment, imho with any car it all comes down to if you, want, need or have to sell. I have seen some beautiful cars (varying) advertised at sensible money just sat there for months and the price comes down and down.

Was just curious about mileage and if z owners feel it demands a premium :)

I'd rather buy a car that had done 10K miles a year than one that had done 2K if I'm honest. Cheap sports cars are meant to be used and are better for it, rather than just left to sit there.

*runs from Chesterfield and Beavis* ;)

I'd rather buy a car that had done 10K miles a year than one that had done 2K if I'm honest. Cheap sports cars are meant to be used and are better for it, rather than just left to sit there.

I think it depends on usage, if those 2k miles a year have been urban driving, stopping and starting, accelerating, slowing down and accelerating etc i would prefer a higher mileage thats been sat at 70 odd mph on a motorway. Trouble is there is no way of knowing i guess.

Mileage has minimal effect, like I said, around the 5k mark

I wouldn't be touching a Z anywhere near the 5k mark! Its the bottom end of the market for a reason.

It really depends what you want the car for, if its for the engine and a bit of fun on the weekends an 03 JDM would do you proud but if your looking for a top spec car with all the goodies and a service history be prepared to pay 8k. Yes they are near enough the same age and the same engine but the spec/colour on a Z changes the price drastically.

I wouldn't be touching a Z anywhere near the 5k mark! Its the bottom end of the market for a reason.

It really depends what you want the car for, if its for the engine and a bit of fun on the weekends an 03 JDM would do you proud but if your looking for a top spec car with all the goodies and a service history be prepared to pay 8k. Yes they are near enough the same age and the same engine but the spec/colour on a Z changes the price drastically.

According to the info on here, jdm cars "can" have all the same equipment as UK cars.

The only thing i have not seen mentioned is cruise control, it doesnt seem that popular on other jdm cars so dont know whether the jdm 350's have it, maybe someone could confirm?

Edited by Jetpilot

According to the info on here, jdm cars "can" have all the same equipment as UK cars.

The only thing i have not seen mentioned is cruise control, it doesnt seem that popular on other jdm cars so dont know whether the jdm 350's have it, maybe someone could confirm?

Yes they can have but not very many do. The most common JDM's are no leather, no brembo's and usually auto's. You could be lucky and pick up a decent spec one at a bargain price but my comment was for the norm not the unusual.

Good luck with the hunt. If you stick a link up on here when you find one, we can all help you out!