Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

RIGHT!

So I had the lights fitted for a few days and just never got round to getting pictures, mainly because I wanted rid of the damned badges first :lol: So now the badges are off and give Norman a quick wash and liquid wax, he's looking almost good enough for a few pix. Where the badges were (bonnet, side fenders and boot) is a little worn and needs a really good polish to repair the paint (like the rest of him) so i've tried to hide it the best I could from you lot :p

Pretty good fit, albeit not as perfect as OEM, but better than you would expect from lights that cost about £160 delivered from the states.

IMG_0789.jpg

The gap is a tiny bit bigger than OEM, but i'm more than happy with them.

IMG_0791.jpg

This is my only problem I have with them. The bolt are covered with oval clips, but with these lights the clips don't really fit. I managed to get 2 on each lamp on, but there is no hope of getting the last ones on. I'm still trying to source adequate bungs or grommets to do the job.

IMG_0792.jpg

Anyway, I couldn't pass up an opportunity that came up on Saturday, so without further ado...

STAGE 3 OF ZEDITUS HAS SET IN!!!!

Picked these 2 wee beauties up on Saturday from Dublin for a ridiculous price that would have been cheap even in Sterling, never mind Euro's, and thats not taking into affect that i got 2 door cards (that I actually have no use for really except maybe a project of sorts) for FREE!!!

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

The passenger seat is immaculate and here's the drivers side that only has very very minor cracking on the outside upper and lower bolster.

IMG_0795.jpg

I love them :yahoo:

I know they aren't everyones cup of tea, but I think they look perfect without the silly alezan addition to the steering wheel. However, they didn't have airbags fitted and only one manual adjuster on the drivers side, so I assume they were from a roadster or import. So I contacted Keyser about what to do, and he was very helpful in advising me that I needed a couple of 2.2 ohm 1/4 or 1/2 watt resistors which I can get form Maplin. (some may have seen my other thread) He also advised that you can fit the resistors in the OEM airbag connector from the car, but I had no patience for this and just chopped them off and fitted the resistors to complete a circuit and wrapped them in electrical tape, works great! Thanks Chris :thumbs:

The only thing worth mentioning to anyone about the resistor fix is not to panic, when you start the car the airbag light will be lit for a few seconds and go out, it's a real heart in mouth feeling waiting for the first time. lol I will also give you another bit of advice that Keyser mentioned to me. Once the seats are disconnected, don't touch the ignition until you have the fix in place or the airbag light will need reset. I have read on the US forums about this happening and sometimes even that the resistor is fitted correctly, the light keeps coming back, so safety first in my book.

So, thats it for today, hopefully I can stop buying stuff for a while and save up some cash to get the paintwork corrected and a few rust caused bubbles sorted. Going to be hard though since there is now a Chargespeed type bumper in the for sale section :angry:

All weights taken with tyres, obviously brand new on the Rotas but only about 4.5mm on the OEM 18's.

Rota front - 20kg

Rota rear - 21.5kg

OEM front - 19kg

OEM rear - 20kg

There you go Bennett :thumbs::lol:

The seats are very much Marmite seats. I like Marmite, I like the seats too :thumbs: Looking good Kyle.

Edited by 14N

STAGE 4 ZEDITUS!!!

At this rate i'll have a twin turbo fitted by easter! :kicking:

This "wee" package arrived just before work yesterday. What could it be? :shrug:

IMG_0798.jpg

Oh yes, the box of bags and bubble wrap that I ordered with shiny long bits inside.

IMG_0799.jpg

After removing the bags and bubble wrap and carefully placing them in the dirty blue bin out the back, i'm left with a shiny jigsaw puzzle.

IMG_0816.jpg

Which when successfully assembled makes this! :p

IMG_0806.jpg

The titanium rolled tips are definitely the way to go, they're the perfect mash up between the OEM and aftermarket look that I want.

Thanks again to CS for sorting this out, great service as always :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think it was 'Clown' on here that had this exhaust too, it was suprisingly quiet!

The worksmanship is fantastic though, great welds too!

If I wanted loud I'd have bought a Nova and stuck a cherry bomb on it :lol:

If its too quiet, that's what HFC's are for ;-)

• Like 1