Headlight bulb replacement

volvo334

G,day all.

I have a 2008 350z and I will soon need to replace the HID headlight bulbs. In my owners manual it says contact dealer,but it cant be that difficult a job. I have had a look and seem as if the only way to the bulbs is by removing the front wheel and then taking out the inner wing. can anyone tell me if this is an easy job ,or shall I just get fleeced by a dealer..

It's easy mate. A pain in the ass but easy.

Wheel off, undo arch liner clips (get some spares before you start I got a load off eBay for £5) then you have access to the light.

Undo bulb fitting and replace bulb.

Hardest bit is getting the arch liner back in the right place....

Can you link to the ebay fixings at all anyone ?

I found these ones which look right:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280810235121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270401869248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I did this last week, really easy, just take your time and note which way the new bulbs should go in (not sure if it makes a difference).

Edited by RobPhoboS

Heres a question on the back of this (sorry for jumping in!) Mines a 58', now the Bi-Xenons... I've heard people having them for years and not replacing a bulb... can anybody say how long their Bi-Xenons have lasted?...Are you still on originals?

ta

Any good quality D2R/s (depending on car) will do just fine. I changed mine last week, took about an hour as i attempted to do it without taking the wheels off. Just not worthbthe effort, get the wheels off and save time!

Also, for anyone that doesnt know. The balasts dont just push onto the bulb, you have to twist them off and on again (clockwise iirc). I almost broke mine thinking they were just push fit things!