Limited top speed

PSY

Hi there have noticed that my 53 reg import 350z is limited to 120mph! I know the sort of argument is that that's a ban anyway but Planing on taking her on the track at some point and want to see what she can do! Anyone know why, I thought jap cars were limited to 112mph and should have been taken off when kmph to mph was changed?

It will be doing 112mph, but your speedo will show 120mph as it will be inaccurate at that speed. My old zed was the same.

Seriously? That can't be right can it?

I suppose its not a massive difference in terms of where the needle is place on the Tacho, but that is pretty rubbish!

Edited by Dave-350

How do you know its limited to 120mph...Nice straight bit of road..?? ;) ;)

That is a bit self explanetory I think! Unless it was on a Dyno!

My JDM isn't limited for some reason, and I dont believe it has UpRev!

Might have a HKS delimiter in there.

I have one if anyone wants it.... £40 shipped

HKS Defenser will remove the limit - but before you do that, consider having her UpRev remapped as that leaves you options for future improvements if you change the plenum / exhaust / Berks HFCs etc and you then map her again to maximise the benefits of these

I had mine UpRev remapped at Abbey and I'm convinced it was the right choice for me - see the notes in my signature for details!