Crail's back!

AMT

Just checked the website and for anyone interested Crail raceway (Scotland) has its first event on the 10th Feb. £10 to get in, £15 sees you unlimited runs on the 1/4mile or a fiver for one run. (Your times are given to you at the end I think on a bit of paper printed - as far as I can remember from my mates runs).

Just looked up the last session in Oct 12' at the pictures of it. Theres two 350Z's (276's) and you can see the 1/4 mile times....which I'm ...a bit surprised by lol (16-20secs! :scare:) Think the lowest I seen was high 14's! ..Someone wasn't trying lol Anyone on here??

Anyway just thought I'd throw it our there, I'll prob go to one further on near the end of the month or March. Good little day out when its the busier days and you've got a group of friends to bring along (and their cars lol) :thumbs:

Fairly well organised, all the gear to tell you the 1/4, reaction, first few meters or whatever it is, speed you crossed at etc. They've got rules, if your cars a high powered (like series GTR stuff with mods everywhere) you need to wear a helmet (same for roadsters). Apparently they do drifting, track and there 1/4 strip. They have big days where its busy and theres the usual show n' shine, fast ford, vauxhall, jap banzai days etc. They have quiet days aswell (which they seem to show on the site) where you just go up for your times or a fart about on track. I'm only interested in the 1/4 and it wont be full bore starts, i wanna keep my clutch for as long as possible lol. I'd rather let the power come in after ive got out 1st gear (well..mostly :lol:).

Can't believe no one on here from Scotlands been lol People take porsches, ferraris n' that up, modded GTRs... although the day you go up it could end up being modded corsas but meh...its for the fun of using the 1/4 and track.

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/

Go to schedule and you'll see the dates. Theres pics also...loads and times... best going on a dry day though lol

(Check out the pics of 27-5-12' , that'll give an idea plus theres a Zed in it.. :lol:)

Edited by AMT

:lol: Won't be through this sunday, more like the end of the month or March, as I said I'll be keeping an eye on the weather for the days its on and also need to see what m8s can come up the same day. I'll post on here when im headin up to see if any others will be too :thumbs: Take some vids or pics if you go up, would be good to see...and hopefully the weather holds dry

Im a regular up at crail but everytime i put up on here about it i just get the same replies- "crails full of wee fannies" i might be up this sunday but only if the weathers good. Are you heading through?

I mentioned it a few times to the guys on here and got the same reply lol. Not been myself so would know. How long does it take to get there from Glasgow?

It'll take 1 and half hours from me so prob just under 2 hrs from glasgow...depending on your speed (dont have a full tank when your on the 1/4 ;)). And yes there will be neds ...its Scotland... :lol: but on the right day theres some decent folk and some series bits of kit... but anyway your not going to mingle with the fannies...your there for the 1/4...or if it takes you the drift bit, but it looks crap lol Bit too wet and damp just now to go up so I'm holding off until a dryer day in March (if there is such a thing)...

(if anyones going up before I'm there please get sum pics and especially take note of your times!) lol Its harder than you think, if you check out some of the vids on youtube you'll notice some Porsche 911's and the like still taking nearly 14secs! lol Bet when I go up I get like 25 or something... :lol:

Edited by AMT