How much oil does your 06 revup drink?

LewisH

I only recently discovered the 06 revup is 'notorious' for oil consumption... something i was hoping to avoid after owning an RX-8!

Now i'm checking it all the time and it seems to always need more.

I'm just curious about other 06'er experiences with the oil. Hoping that it puts me a little more at ease. :headhurt:

Cheers all.

Mine has started to use a bit which has made me a bit paranoid. Going to get it scoped / compression tested when I get the revup in a few months, although I'm not sure if that will detect this specific issue?

This is the one piece of info I missed when doing research on the Zed... I'm not sure there's an easy fix either as it's something to do with the piston holes (I know there's a proper name for this, but I can't remember!) not being quite round enough which leaves a slight gap for the oil to get in and burnt. I could be wrong, but I think if the oil consupltion isbad, the only option is a new engine or rebuild, which is obviously £1000's?

Has your car been run on lower grade fuel ?

I've had it a year and bar 1 tank of Tesco Super it's only had V-Power... I can't vouch 100% for the 5 years before. I bought it from an independent dealer who obviously said it had, but they nor the original owner could prove that either way, so the damage will have already been done!

I'm monitoring mine at the moment, but I've only done 250 miles since my P2 service in December. How do you tell how many litres (Hopefully just ml !!!) you've used when checking the dipstick? I know that max is 4.7l, but how much is left when on min? This would help to calculate how much has been used.

I'm monitoring mine at the moment, but I've only done 250 miles since my P2 service in December. How do you tell how many litres (Hopefully just ml !!!) you've used when checking the dipstick? I know that max is 4.7l, but how much is left when on min? This would help to calculate how much has been used.

On a DE engine, min to max = 1.5 l

I check my oil weekly. Mine has gone from max to 3/4 in the past 5000 miles and doesn't seem to drop any more than that but its easy to forget to check and if Nissan say 1litre over a 1000miles is in their tolerance, it wouldn't take much to go from max to min and that would be a scary site! :scare:

Checked mine was near the low marker but only needed 1 litre, that's over 1.5 years and 10k miles

You really did mean you hadn't checked for a while!

If that timescale doesn't include having an oil change, I'd suggest you do an oil change.