Radio announcement (Scrolling text) on 370's

ioneabee

I know I may be considered an old fart here - but I listen to Radio 2 :p and on the whole enjoy it !!!

On the post 2010 370 GT's the radio gives a scrolling message identifying the show and whats actually being played - however for the last couple of months mine has stopped showing the track being broadcast and sticks on one that may have been broadcast a couple of hours ago ?? !!

can anyone confirm if this is my issue (ie a setting somewhere), or a broadcast issue

thanks

ok - so switched to radios 3 and 4 and unfortunately they're mainly talkies, symphonies, discussions and plays - so doesn't really help

so back to Radio 1 - decided to perform a home lobotomy 1st as it would be less painfull :wacko:

and hey ho, it keeps up with whats being played - even though I couldn't understand what was being "sung", the general gist from the presenter seemed to be there, even though it was utter drivell :headhurt:

Does that mean then, that my system is working fine but the professionalism of Radio 2 is slipping ?

It's all to do with the quality of the info, held on the music track file by the BBC and the transmission signal strength, and it then getting to your radio. :bangin:

Always seems to show the info better when in Cities and in the summer. :shrug: (sh1te weather hurts signals !!)

How come then the Radio 1 info is coming through ?

Because young people listen to Radio 1 and they have good eye sight so can read what is transmitted.

Radio 2 listeners on the other hand ............ :p:lol:

I don't know.

You know I jest Andy...

ahh, them were the days - good 'ol Tony

so - this morning the tracks came up (20 minute drive to work), this afternoon failed completely WTF - BTW the weather was clear as a bell both times

ahh, them were the days - good 'ol Tony

so - this morning the tracks came up (20 minute drive to work), this afternoon failed completely WTF - BTW the weather was clear as a bell both times

Nissan would tell you it was a fault with the unit but it is 'out of warranty' so would cost you £2k to repair :lol: :lol: ;)

Edited by choptop

OK - fed up of this now

driving home tonight 17:20 and it was showing as Steve Wright when it should at the least be saying Simon Mayo

can those with 2010 on connect premium do me a favour and tune in to Radio 2 and see whether you're getting the correct info for programme presenter and songs

as said previously Radio one is working