Is my iPhone4 going to die soon?

twobears

My iPhone4 has started playing up today, just before I go to the States and really need a phone :angry:

The button at the bottom doesn't switch the screen on unless I press it a few times and I don't know if there's anything I can do? If I take it apart I have a horrible feeling that I won't be able to put it back together again. Any ideas? I haven't got time to get it repaired or get a new one and am starting to panic slightly :wacko:

Take it to an apple store, even if its out of warranty. My friend did and got a brand new replacement for £70. Ou might even get one for free if it looks as if its not been neglected!

Also try factory reset but without losing your info option.

Edited by stuarty

Do a hard reset. Hold the on off button down and the middle one at the same time.

Keep them held down until the apple icon appears.

Do not be tempted to take you fingers off the buttons when the screen gose black.

You must wait until the apple icon appeares.

If it still happens then the home button needs replacing or what ever Dblock said.

Its a face off whatever happens and don't rip the ribbon if your doing it yourself.

It is a fairly common fault with the iPhone 4 as its getting into its getting a bit old now.

I still have my 4 and the home button kept sticking on that,

I got my mate to sort it.

You could take it to the apple store as suggested and if I were in your shoes i would most definately be doing that,

I cant see the reset fixing it.

Hm, well I've just come back downstairs, having left the phone on charge, and it seems to be working again. I thought I would try the simplest suggestion first so I switched it off and back on again and then sort of jiggled the charger in the socket. I'll see how long it stays fixed for. I will go to an Apple store when I get home if it goes wrong again. I don't think I have the talent to fix it myself and I would sort of like a new phone if possible :blush:

Hm, well I've just come back downstairs, having left the phone on charge, and it seems to be working again. I thought I would try the simplest suggestion first so I switched it off and back on again and then sort of jiggled the charger in the socket. I'll see how long it stays fixed for. I will go to an Apple store when I get home if it goes wrong again. I don't think I have the talent to fix it myself and I would sort of like a new phone if possible :blush:

Always worth a jiggle...

:worthless:

There is an app or a software setting to help with the broken HOME button.

My boss was showing me his iPhone 4. His HOME button bust ages ago and he now has one that appears on the screen when he presses any other button.

I'm sure if you search around you might find someway of doing this.

If not let me know and I'll ask my boss later.

There is an app or a software setting to help with the broken HOME button.

My boss was showing me his iPhone 4. His HOME button bust ages ago and he now has one that appears on the screen when he presses any other button.

I'm sure if you search around you might find someway of doing this.

If not let me know and I'll ask my boss later.

Yeah thats what I said above, ive seen them do it at the apple store when someones button is fubar and they cant afford a replacement...

Always worth a jiggle...

:worthless:

:lol: