Wales III - The Aftermath & Photos!

Liam's Z

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to thank everybody for chipping in to help organising and making sure the day ran smoothly. Especially Beavis for getting the numbers up and Jacko, I know it was stressful but it was worth it! The Biggest ever 350z meet!

It was great to get to meet some new people and catch up with others. Everyone was "really nice" and it just goes to show what a good club we make.

I'll post some pics and videos up as soon as i can.

Liam (Liam's Z) - Your an absolute loony!! :headhurt:;) Glad you could come with us this time. Oh and yes, i did see Beavis kick ur arse in the drag! lol.

Thanks all again, had a great day. More.....More....More................ :thumbs:

I'd also like to thank everybody for chipping in to help organising and making sure the day ran smoothly. Especially Beavis for getting the numbers up and Jacko, I know it was stressful but it was worth it! The Biggest ever 350z meet!

It was great to get to meet some new people and catch up with others. Everyone was "really nice" and it just goes to show what a good club we make.

Liam (Liam's Z) - Your an absolute loony!! :headhurt:;) Glad you could come with us this time. Oh and yes, i did see Beavis kick ur arse in the drag! lol.

Thanks all again, had a great day. More.....More....More................ :thumbs:

Ruby, great Kakimoto zorst! B)

Liam lost to beavis at a drag race? :lol: ooooo that won't go down well!

PS Liam turned up nealy last in the morning, with a wheelspin in the car park.... everybody turned around commenting... "here's the mong of the group".... :lol:;)

Just messing, we love you Liam!!!! :teeth:

Ruby, great Kakimoto zorst! B)

Liam lost to beavis at a drag race? :lol: ooooo that won't go down well!

PS Liam turned up nealy last in the morning, with a wheelspin in the car park.... everybody turned around commenting... "here's the mong of the group".... :lol:;)

Just messing, we love you Liam!!!! :teeth:

Cheers Val, not to everyones taste but i like it.

Was hoping to see your bonnet, make sure you get it sorted for the next meet (if Jacko has recovered by then). Was good catching up with you anyway.

It would appear that I didnt take enough photos during the big line up for the software I have to create a full panoramic shot. :rant:

So, if anyone did take lots of shots during the lineup, front on views of the cars, feel free to email them to me or post them up - I may be able to get something great put together with enough overlapping shots from people.

I took photos of cars in groups of three - it appears that I hould have overlapped by at least one or to cars each time and taken maybe three times the number of photos I did - still, you live and learn.

I do have a slow video of the entire lineup from one end to the other, so perhaps may be able to take a load of stills from that and stitch them together into a panoramic shot.

If people want to email me any pitures and videos they may have taken on the day, feel free to do so. At least then we can have them all in one central place to pass to the professionals amongst us who may be able to assist in the creation of the DVD etc.

email: chesterfield"at"350z-uk.com

If you cant email any video, once we know who will be assisting in th creation of the dvd, they can perhaps be posted to that individual and returned once the media has been created.

:thumbs:

What a day!

Great to meet everyone and put faces to names. Well done to the organisers. I know we all got split up en-route but there were a lot of us.

GlenMH, Mrs GlenMH and myself came back through Wales. Some cracking roads. Hope to see you all soon. Don't forget the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Meet/Drive in August. Can we beat the 30 Zeds at Lake Bala?

:teeth:

PS bluelady nice one for turning up! Thanks for not slapping me :fishslap:

What a FANTASTIC day!!!!! My missus well enjoyed it too which was quite surprising, I didn't even get told off for getting the back end out at every given opportunity, that said I did see her hands tighten on the seat and door handle quite a few times! But fair play, never one moan.

I was absolutely knackered by the time we got back to Chester services, I think at 1 point I lost the ability to speak!!

Thanks to everyone involved for setting this up, organising it, bullying people into attending, getting the pub sorted, keeping us all reasonably together, etc etc etc

It really was an awesome, awesome day and the look on peoples faces as 30 odd Z's went past really was priceless.

Great to meet a lot of new faces, sorry I didn't get chance to say hello to everyone.

I'll post a link to pics as soon as I get chance to upload em, will try to sort today.

In answer to Vals question - I was aiming for a bit more height for the shot, luckily he didn't take it about a second later when I ended up with 1 leg actually in the bin. Ah well........

Fortunately no casualties from the day either (except my brakes, I REALLY need some new pads now) :thumbs:

Looks like i missed a great great day out guys, so sorry i missed it.

Sorted out everythin with the daughter so i know what weekends are good now so if i still have the car for the next one and its on a good day, i am there!

Liam - good man for wheelspinning in! You have been promoted to a senior ASW!!!! However you know if i was there i would have come in sideways door open and hands in the air ;)

It would appear that I didnt take enough photos during the big line up for the software I have to create a full panoramic shot. :rant:

So, if anyone did take lots of shots during the lineup, front on views of the cars, feel free to email them to me or post them up - I may be able to get something great put together with enough overlapping shots from people.

I took photos of cars in groups of three - it appears that I hould have overlapped by at least one or to cars each time and taken maybe three times the number of photos I did - still, you live and learn.

I do have a slow video of the entire lineup from one end to the other, so perhaps may be able to take a load of stills from that and stitch them together into a panoramic shot.

What s/w are you using? Autostitch - http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html normally makes a good job of it. Otherwise, there used to be one built into Photoshop which you could manually intervene with. If you have all the full size pics up somewhere (web site or FTP),I could give it a go at some point for ya :thumbs:

Doh. I have managed to save a few panos with Photoshops stitch before with very little overlap as you can manually tell it where to join them, however the outcome would probably be less than desireable.

As you say, stills from the video footage should work well.

Guest prescience

Mike,

Don't you have a graphics package you can phototexture these onto polygons with and then manipulate the texture co-ords. Not in that game anymore but we had to do a similar thing from Schiphol control tower a few years back

the cars will get too distorted I would of thought. I don't have the software and it's also the probable reason why the stitch program uses scenery imagary as it's difficult to judge distorment