The program on after TopGear

gangzoom

Had the TV on last night after TopGear, and randomly started watching the program on physics by Brian Cox....couldn't believe he was trying to explain quantum physics to a bunch of celebrities on national TV :)

Did love the program though (most more interesting than this years TopGear), I remember doing a physics equation at A level where I managed to prove to my self the more the information you have about the location of an electron in a Hydrogen atom the LESS you actually knew about where it is :scare: Fascinating stuff but far too clever for my brain, cannot imaging what its like to think about the world on an atomic level....especially the bit about how every electron in the entire universe reacts to each other simutaneously :wacko:

I also had this on, didn't pay much attention at first, but then turned the sound up and was highly engrossed.

I was quite impressed even though I didn't understand some of it, but thought of a whockoff diamond in space at like billions of Carats was quite cool.

Had to laugh at Jonathan Ross, he was well out of his comfort zone :lol:

Wish they made more tv like this. It was brilliant.

I loved the diamond out of the box concept especially when you think one night you could be in bed and then wake up in the garden.....just have to wait a few billion billion years for it to happen lol

It was called a night with the stars if anyone wants to watch it on Iplayer, it's a repeat, I think it was on a couple of years ago about Xmas time, loved it then and found it just as enjoyable last night, couldn't get my head around some of it but was really interesting.

great program! my mrs hates them, but i love stuff like that...including "how do they do it", "mega structures" and so on lol

Brian Cox is pretty good presenter as well. "wonders of universe" is another good one to watch

You should read Stephen Hawkings " Illustrated history of the Universe", with pictures its surprisingly easy to understand, or at least, the first three quarters are before it gets proper mind bending!

I remember reading "A brief history of time: from the big bang to black holes" by Stephen Hawking when I was a kid. Very informative. Beautiful pictures of the universe.

Not heard about the illustrated history of the universe.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

You should read Stephen Hawkings " Illustrated history of the Universe", with pictures its surprisingly easy to understand, or at least, the first three quarters are before it gets proper mind bending!

I remember reading "A brief history of time: from the big bang to black holes" by Stephen Hawking when I was a kid. Very informative. Beautiful pictures of the universe.

Not heard about the illustrated history of the universe.

Ah yes, thats what i was thinking of!

515rmnuif3L._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU02_.jpg